Can psychic energy heal?

by kenpodragon 108 Replies latest jw friends

• roybatty
    roybatty
    Positive thinking helps a lot when you are sick

Personally, I don't believe that one can use their mind to physically move obejects, however I do recall hearing on the radio an interesting tidbit. I can't recall the specifics (it was a few years back) but there was a major study as to the effects of positive thinking while someone was sick. One interesting fact they mentioned was regarding a group of older Jewish men they studied (why they chose Jewish guys, I don't know). Anyway, these researchers noticed that just prior to a major Jewish holiday, the number of older Jewish men who died dropped significantly. Then, right after a major Jewish holiday, the number who died jumped way up. The conclusion? That those who were seriously sick were able to prolong their lives with positive thinking. The desire to see their friends and family during the holidays was so strong, that it kept them going. So there is some connection between the mental and physical side in us.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

QCA1, I've become quite interested in Reiki, and I find it fascinating. I've tried it informally without training, and have experienced good results--as with my cat. However, I'm hoping to learn more.

I've recently asked some people to send Reiki to my dog, who had a rather nasty experience with fly strike last week. He's healing very quickly, although in his case it's difficult to say with certainty that the Reiki he has been sent is the major factor.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Two good books on this subject:

"Anatomy of An Illness" and "Head First: The Biology of Hope and the Healing Power of the Human Spirit" both by Norman Cousins

XW

• SUSCARRA
    SUSCARRA

Kenpro,

The other day I gave you the wrong info for MERPATI PUTIH. Here it is again:

HTTP://MP-USA.ORG

Sorry, I'm blonde. Feel free to call Mike, he'd love to talk to you.

Suscarra

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

YES! Psychic powers CAN heal! In fact, you can benefit from my psychic healing powers by sending me $19.95 (USD) per month. I will in turn direct my karma-waves at you during my meditation sessions... and you will receive my unlimited healing power!

I can cure everything from minor cuts and scratches... all the way to cancer and aids!

NOTE: I am not responsible for any lack of healing due to anti-karma vibes caused by my or your neighbors, the hole in the ozone, or cell phones near your house. I am also not responsible for any healings that fail as a result of your lack of faith in my abilities.

• larc
    larc

I do not believe in psychic energy. However, I do believe that our minds have a tremendous, miraculas ability to either heal us or hurt us. Several have mentioned the placebo effect. Now, isn't that amazing? Some people are cured, about 20%, by believing in a worthless pill.

I also read and interesting study on the power of the mind. In Africa, a witch doctor can put a curse on someone and they will die. However, if the person is unaware of the curse, nothing happens to them. Therefore, you are capable of scaring yourself to death.

For the person who asked about us skeptics - just because I don't believe in psychic energy, does not mean I don't believe that my own positive thoughts will help me remain healthy. I do believe that. It is interesting that I used to get the flu every winter. Since I have retired, and the stress is gone from working, I have not been sick in three years, despite the fact that I have an unhealthy life style.

• reubenfine
    reubenfine

Robyn,

I can't answer your question because I have no proof of anyone healed because of belief. In fact, Randi investigated over 100 people who claimed they were healed. What he found out was interesting. He even conferred with their doctors if they had one, with their permission. They all fell into one of 3 catagories; 1. Not healed; 2. Never had the problem in the first place 3. Dead. Not one "healed." The problem is that people can go off of possible life saving treatment because of a false belief that they are healed. That's their perogative, though.

However, I believe requiring evidence is not proof of a closed mind, just a scientific approach. If anyone can show proof, I'm willing to accept it and they can be $1 million richer. Everyone wins! I guess it just depends on what kind of evidence satisfies a person. It's funny that Sylvia Browne and John Edwards don't take Randi up on the offer. Heck, it should be a piece of cake for them.

And honestly, thanks for the love. :-) Here is some back..........

Lyle

• Navigator
    Navigator

Realist

If you don't believe anyone has been healed by belief, read some of the work of Depak Chopra, M.D., or Bernie Siegal, M.D.. Even conventional medicine is beginning to accept psychic healing only they call it "psycho-neuro-immunology". The power of the mind to produce chemical reactions in the body is well documented. The power of those chemicals is often far superior to anything that a pharmaceutical company can manufacture.

Sirona

Your coven was not the only ones sending you healing energy. It works because we are all one.

Not everyone wants to be healed! There are numerous reasons why people want to hang on to an illness, even to the point of death.

I am suspicious of those who claim to be healers, however. A true healer would acknowledge that it is the spirit within that does the healing. Even Jesus did not claim that power for himself, but acknowledged the power of the spirit was the healer.

• Mary
    Mary

Realist said: "....sorry guys but from a scientific viewpoint its nonsense...."

Realist, just because something can't be proven scientifically, doesn't mean it's not real or doesn't cure people. ;There are many, many documented cases of people who have been healed from various diseases because they changed their lives: they ate simple, nourishing food, they exercised, meditated and were very self-disciplined.

While science is a great thing, it most certainly doesn't have all the answers and things like meditation and the power of the mind cannot simply be dismissed as quackery.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    I can't answer your question because I have no proof of anyone healed because of belief.

Please read Healing Words by Larry Dossey, M.D. Dr. Dossey has been doing scientific research and is collecting data from the many experiments that he has performed. He offers proof that there is something going on. He doesn't propose to explain why; only that it does.

In fact, Randi investigated over 100 people who claimed they were healed

Randi's mind is so closed that even if he did find evidence of healing he wouldn't recognize it or acknowledge it.

It's funny that Sylvia Browne and John Edwards don't take Randi up on the offer. Heck, it should be a piece of cake for them.

I agree, those people are full- o-crap.

Reubenfine,

I do appreciate your comments regarding scientific proof. I feel the same way. But when the experience happens to you, you scoff less afterwards. It happened to me.

Maybe when I see my girly doctor again, she will certify it. Then I can get my friend in England that money that Randi promised.

Thank you for your love, Lyle.

Robyn

Edited by - robdar on 30 September 2002 19:14:36

Edited by - robdar on 30 September 2002 19:18:0

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit