Super Bowl Predictions

by WildTurkey 307 Replies latest social physical

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Hey, I'd rather have Bill Cowher than Dave Campo any day!!!!! I miss the greatness of Jimmy . . . . .

• dubla
    dubla

oh how things change..........miami routs one of the top teams in the nfl (best record in the afc), final score 30-3. what about green bay? ...uh oh. not one, not two, not three, but FOUR interceptions from your god favre. ouchie. fact is, get favre anywhere outside of his friendly home confines and he plays like absolute S**T, lol. so four more picks on the road, and two losses in a row for the suddenly struggling packers. so sorry guys, i know it must be hard to be a packer fan today.

crazy said:

The 2 crucial games we have are this Week at Tampa and Dec @ San Fran.

i agree. one crucial game down, one to go.

aa

Edited by - dubla on 25 November 2002 8:48:7

• dubla
    dubla

reborn said:

With the greatest quarterback of his era (and arguably all-time).. who can stand against them?

well, certainly not the greatest quarterback lately.......favres rating on sunday? 36.6.....hardly breathtaking. apparently the answer to your question reborn, is minnesota and tampa bay.

aa

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Arg more fodder for dubla! That's the one problem w/ Farve, when he get's off his game, he can make some really lousy decisions - he tries too hard to force balls into places they should go - witness the 4! picks against Tampa. Uggg.

How 'bout M. Vic though? That boy is awesome. 41-0 ... hmmm, could the Falcons go to the big game twice in 4 years?

Edited by - NameWithheld on 25 November 2002 10:42:5

• crownboy
    crownboy

Wow, to think I was ready to put the Jets out for dead after their Week 8 loss to the Browns. With the win versus the Bills yesterday, we've now won 4 in a row. Miami is bound to screw up sometime, and when they do, we'll be there to take advantage (I've now gone from rooting against the Bills last Sunday to rooting for them this Sunday ).

Don't gloat too much, dubla, the Jets beat the Chargers by a wider margin of victory at San Diego earlier this season . For all you Pakers fans, you can take pleasure in knowing that, even though dubla is dissing Bret Favre now, he would take Favre in an instance over any of the guys Miami has right now at QB . Favre has 3 MVP's and a Super Bowl, Fiedler has....beaten out Damon Huard as the starting QB a few years ago. Not bad for a guy who couldn't beat out Johnaton Quinn for the No.2 job in Jacksonville before that . Well, at least Fiedler probably knows how spell better than Favre .

Now, I'm not really too worried about the Packers when they come to play the Jets later this season. If Vinny Testaverde, playing in his first game after his Achilles injury two years ago, could have beaten Brett Favre at Green Bay, then I see no reason why it can't be done again at New York (well, actually New Jersey, but you know what I mean ).

• dubla
    dubla

where did heaven and xenawarrior dissapear to all of a sudden? heads buried in the sand?

crown-

Don't gloat too much, dubla, the Jets beat the Chargers by a wider margin of victory at San Diego earlier this season .

i dont think you really want to bring margin of victory into these scenarios, do you? if so, please add up the margin of victory on the two jets/dolphins matchups and let me know what you come up with.

For all you Pakers fans, you can take pleasure in knowing that, even though dubla is dissing Bret Favre now, he would take Favre in an instance over any of the guys Miami has right now at QB .

no truth to this statement whatsoever.......why would i rather have a qb that will be retired in three years, than an upandcoming guy whos got a 5-1 record as a starter this year (fiedler), and has alot more great years ahead of him? favres starting record isnt even close to that (3 losses), i like our chances with fiedler.

, Fiedler has....beaten out Damon Huard as the starting QB a few years ago. Not bad for a guy who couldn't beat out Johnaton Quinn for the No.2 job in Jacksonville before that .

everyone starts somewhere.......what was kurt warner doing before his unbelievable rise to stardom? even favre wasnt a success out of the blocks you know. i could list all the other star qbs that took awhile to work their way up the ladder, but its a long list, and i think you get the idea. anyhow, i dont expect fiedler to ever win the league mvp...but he can win a super bowl, which is the only victory that matters. if trent dilfer and tom brady can do it, anyone can.

Miami is bound to screw up sometime, and when they do, we'll be there to take advantage

you really think so? personally im more concerned with the patriots making a run than the jets. i think the jets string of luck is about to end......if they can travel all the way over to oakland and come away with a win over the red-hot raiders, then i might take notice. i dont think they have what it takes to make a playoff run, and imo 8-8 seems pretty realistic.

aa

• Shakita
    Shakita

Hey, how about those Eagles last night? I love it when the underdog wins!

With one quarterback out for the season, and another hurt last night, they sure qualify as underdogs now.

Go Eagles!!!!

Mrs. Shakita

• crownboy
    crownboy

dubla, Fiedler is only 2 years younger than Favre, so while he may be "up and coming" in the sense that he hasn't taken as many hits as Favre has, he sure as hell isn't a "spring chicken". His career won't outlast Favre's by much, so instead of 5 years of early playoff exists, you get three years of realistic Super Bowl contention (I don't think Favre will only play for another three years anyway. I think he can last for as long as Marino and Elway did.). With a defense like Miami's, any quaterback who isn't trying to throw the game can be a (regular season) winner. I'm not trying to disparage Fiedler, but he is not really a difference maker. Favre and the Miami defense would be way scarier.

You got me on the point differental thing, though . However, I believe the first tie break looks at the divisional record before they do head to head matchups, so there is hope yet .

Yup, the Oakland game next Monday night will be huge for us. These guys are starting to feel like divisional foes now, I think we've played them every year for the past four years, and of course back to back last year (and at Oakland everytime as well, I think). I think you seriously under estimate the talent of the Jets, though. Our offense is better than your teams own, and our defense has been looking Miami-esque since they relearned how to tackle over this current winning streak . Of course, that doesn't mean we'll "run the table" and finish 11-5 (which I would have to believe would at least get you a wild card, even with only 2 now), but that is a very real possibility. But, yes, the Patriots are dangerous as well.

• Solace
    Solace

dubla, "Where did Heaven and Xenawarrior dissapear to"

Awwwww, missin us? How sweet...

Personally I think it was the duct tape thing but no matter, flattered I am.

Im not too worried. Green Bay is still # 1.

That hit by Sapp was legal and I hate people who whine about legal plays, even if it is the head coach. Sapp did look a little crazed that night tho.. Brett may have been a slightly intimidated, I know I would have been. Yikes.

A few losses arent too bad. Gotta keep things interesting, ya know?

Im looking forward to being in Green Bay when they play the Vikings on the 8th.Brrrrr......

• dubla
    dubla

crown-

. Favre and the Miami defense would be way scarier.

well, youre entitled to your opinion. once again, who has the better record this year? you cant tell me its the packer defense that lost those last two games for them (7 INTS by favre). personally id rather have fiedler, a game manager, then favre, a reckless gunslinger who will outright lose games for you with his bad play on the road. there is no excuse for his play, especially with ahman green to hand off to, who i think is one of the very best backs in the league. (of course, theres also just the fact that no matter how great favre is or has been, ive always hated him, and would probably burn all of my miami gear if he ever got traded there). now, in the past fiedler has lost games for miami as well, but i think hes matured so much under norv turner that hes now pro-bowl caliber, and one of the only guys id want under center in the current scheme. of course, even ray lucas has been outplaying favre lately.....96 passes without an int, not too shabby.

However, I believe the first tie break looks at the divisional record before they do head to head matchups, so there is hope yet

well, they look at head-to-head first, but if its split (as is the case here), then yes, the next tiebraker is division record.....which right now the jets and miami each have two division losses. miami is the only team in the afc that controls its own fate....the jets (and everyone else for that matter) have to hope for some things to fall their way.

heaven-

That hit by Sapp was legal and I hate people who whine about legal plays, even if it is the head coach.

it was a legal hit, no doubt. i thought the celebration while the player lay motionless was uncalled for though. sapp is imo one of the biggest a**holes in the entire league, and he showed it by not going out there to make sure clifton was okay. of course, my opinion of sapp goes deeper then his on-field antics........true story:

while staying in st.petersburg/tampa bay for 6 weeks in a training class (this was 3 years ago), i ran into sapp and one of his fellow defensemen (a linebacker i think, cant remember which one) at a bar on the beach. a friend i was with pointed them out, and i had a few beers in me so i figured id walk over and try to get a handshake, or a hello, or whatever, you know? so i walk over, stand RIGHT in front of sapp, reach out my hand and utter some nervous greeting. do you know what he said? after leaving me hanging for a minute, he looked right through me, no eye contact, and said "no ones talking to you man". now i know these guys probably get tired of shaking hands, signing autographs, and getting mobbed by the locals....but that was ridiculous. for all he knew i could have been the biggest tampa bay fan around, and had sapp posters on my walls, idolizing the guy.

since that day, i look at every outrageous thing that guy says and does differently, knowing what a true a**hole he is in real life. im sure he could care less if he hurt clifton or not, and im pretty sure he was trying to.

aa

Edited by - dubla on 27 November 2002 12:43:9

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit