My Issue: How To Step Down As A MS Without Getting Noticed

by JW_Rogue 67 Replies latest jw experiences

• FuzzyPaul
    FuzzyPaul

I faded, sort of, after years of research on how they could be right and still look so wrong. During Watchtower K.Hall study I commented that there was an overt contradiction in the preface to the New World Translation. I asked "why do you think they wrote that?" I intended to sound sincere but knew I was exposing their hypocrisy.

Bro Anderson said "I don't know why they said that" and continued on as if I said nothing of importance.

I read the exposes about the WT secretly being in the United Nations for ten years and other bad stuff and sent a letter to four K. Halls I spent the most time at condemning all they did and said they would never do.

They haven't disfellowshipped me officially, The Judicial Committee would hear and might leave also!

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    I've thought about this as well especially if they decide to study the new "God's Kingdom Rules!" book. Some carefully worded answers may help some to see what is really going on. Of course it gets tricky to sound sincere and not be exposed by someone.
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If you are already doing things that other brothers don't want to do, then you are slaving for them unnecessarily. You are dependable enough that you have given them a great chunk of your freedom and you are not taking it back by waiting to get removed or spending several more years doing your fade with little progress.

You really need to bite the bullet and move on with your fade. Will it be noticed? Will some alarms go off? Sure. You know what happens a few months after the alarms went off? You've had a break from your assignments and people tend to forget all the fuss from a few months ago. Putting it off doesn't change that. The only reason to put it off is to leave all at once down the road, say to another congregation or just walking away from attending meetings.

Here's some "bite the bullet" methods:
    1. Go to another congregation. Could be foreign language or not. When you get there, turn in 1 hour of field recruiting every month or even be daring to say "I have none this month." They probably won't ask you to be an MS. Even if they do, say "No, I feel really bad about my hours and so much is going on with me. No thanks."
    2. Develop depression. Still turn in 1 hour every month or even Zero for a couple of months (as in 2 or 3 months only, let's not drag it out). When asked about your situation, or when you get up the nerve to speak to an elder, you say "I have been depressed (about TTATT) and I have seen a doctor (on television if not in person) and am on medication (even vitamins or breath mints are 'medication'). I just find it so difficult to motivate myself. It has been suggested that I remove as many responsibilities as I can. I need to resign as an MS." Don't take any compromise such as "Why don't we just cut back" or "Let's just keep you as an MS and remove responsibilities until you are better."
    3. Simply resign and offer little reason. "Brother, I have some personal issues I don't wish to discuss and I wish to be removed as an MS and from the school."

Whichever way you go, you can be free of responsibilities at the Hall. You can quit the Ministry School at the same time with the depression method or you can refuse to enroll with the moving method. It's a bit much to offer no explanation the third way and also quit the school, so it would normally wait a few more months. People will soon forget that you were an MS.

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

As others said there is no easy way that they won't realize. No matter what you do, it will be discussed with the co, written to the branch etc.

But know for sure. The whole ms or publisher thing is not compulsory. It is your free time and labor you spend as a ms or as a publisher. You could just tell them "enough", stepping back without even giving a reason. They would many times ask you why / the co would ask you why. They would maybe assume that you have a hidden sin. But you don't owe them an explanation. It is all voluntary.

I was in a similar situation as you are. I never wanted to be a ms or elder, but I couldn't say no, so finally became an elder.

After 2 years being an elder I came to a point where my conscience couldn't bear it longer. I called the cobe and said I am resigning. I wrote him a letter and stated I had too many doubts about the bible being inspired of god, genocide and infanticide committed in gods name, don't agree with shunning of df / da ones. After a talk with the co I was free. Such a wonderful thing. The first step. I was a normal publisher. Brothers wondered what happened but i didn't care about the gossip. The elders said they respect my decision and it is better to step back than to fake it. They wanted to help me with my doubts. But they didn't have time to meet with me the next 2 years. I learned more ttatt and my doubts became certainties. My uberdub wife separated and the elders were back in my life. I had hours and hours of discussions; and I was clear to them that I don't agree with most of the doctrines especially the blood thing. I was surprised they let me fade. I went to less and less meetings and completely faded.

In the end when not attending anymore, most of my jw friends don't contact me anymore. So I am starting new friendships which takes time and is not easy.

Bit i can tell you. It's worth all the hardships and also sad things to be free. I feel great being able to live according to my conscience.

I wish you all the best in you personal path to your freedom.

• hoser
    hoser

, I don't go out in service much just enough to not be irregular. I thought perhaps this would lead to me getting deleted but it hasn't happened.

How do you know what the secretary is recording on your publisher card He might be topping up your publisher record card because he likes you to do all the grunt jobs.

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel
    What _Morpheus said
  • Divergent
    Divergent
    Grow a beard & be "stumbled" when they ask you to shave it off. Use that as an excuse to step down =)
  • krejames
    krejames
    In my case a judicial committee did the trick 😂
  • out4good4
    out4good4
    It's a shame that people have to feel that they have to self deprecate to refrain from doing what is supposed to be volunteer work for an organization they no longer want to be a part of.
  • JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    Yes, it is a shame that something that is supposed to be a privilege is actually just another chore. Something that is supposed to be voluntary is really done through coercion, I already know that they were a few Elders who really didn't want me appointed in the first place. Now though I think I've become useful to them and that is the reason I stay on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit