My Issue: How To Step Down As A MS Without Getting Noticed

by JW_Rogue 67 Replies latest jw experiences

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    I feel bad for you and remember what that sort of pressure feels like. All I can say is, maybe you should say something like 'maybe I'm not cut out for a leadership role in the congregation.' It will be embarrassing to be removed and your wife will be bitter but maybe it's time.
  • JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    It may be good for her to see how petty, nosy and hateful the "loving congregation" can be.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Some will be understanding, too. They aren't all bad...at least they weren't all bad in mine!. The real issue is that you feel stuck doing something you don't really believe in. It's not good for you.
  • Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude

Rogue, I am late to comment, but i did read the thread with interest last year. I know it is a terrible burden to have the MS responsibility while awake. If you can endure the embarrassment, you could wait for them to remove you the next CO visit.

Since your wife speaks another language, you could insist that you move to the foreign language congregation and throw yourself into learning her language. You can learn a language, show your wife you value her culture, and save your extended family some embarrassment and disappointment.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I left the org when a teenager. I sometimes diluted nth understand the angst, but I was a stubborn hardheaded kid.

Why can't people just say "I don't want to do this anymore. I resign."?

It's a big responsibility. People step down from demanding church assignments all the time and are often given a "thank you for all your service" party.

If they persist, just hold your ground. No need to be harsh or acrimonious or to make up stories. Let your no mean no!

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    It's a big responsibility. People step down from demanding church assignments all the time and are often given a "thank you for all your service" party.

LOL If JWs did that there would be no Elders or MS so instead they use fear, obligation and guilt. They want you to be afraid of what others will think when the announcement is made from the platform. They want you to feel obligated to the Elders to continue whatever responsibilities you currently handle. Of course guilt is used to make you feel like you're not giving enough to Jehovah.

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

@JW_Rogue

I fear you may need to employ some proper hard core tactics to continue your dance around JW elders.

"Wibble" is the proper phrase I believe

You may well need to start working your ticket hard or you may well end up going "over the top" sooner rather than later.

• Lieu
    Lieu
    Just say you need a break for personal reasons. No big deal.
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I am not a doctor, although I am wearing a lab coat and I have a stethoscope on.

Given the symptoms you describe, it is possible you may have a "low energy" disability like fibromyalgia or Lyme's disease, or maybe something else; who can tell?

>I< certainly can't!

But you need to look in for possible explanations for your weariness, and as your doctor, I suggest you get more time in the sun to boost your Vitamin D levels, and participate in a pleasant physical activity that gets your heart stimulated. But door-to-door work is specifically NOT indicated because it is both a "low energy" activity and a "high stress/low comfort" activity because you are required to dress like an insurance salesman at a funeral.

I want you wearing comfortable, loose-fitting clothing, STAT!

Just let the old boys back at the hall know that you've been diagnosed with "mumble-mumble" and will need to step down in the interest of your health. They CANNOT challenge you on this because your medical records are NONE OF THEIR DAMNED BUSINESS!

After you've dropped this bomb in their laps, make it immediately effective and don't go near the Kingdom Hall for any reason for at least six months - a year would be better.

They will forget about you, except on those occasions when they wish they had another sucker lined up to do some heavy lifting. Any time they "stop by" because of their "concern for you" tell them that YES, you are feeling better, but this is a long-term concern because, after all, you ARE still getting older in this "system" and the flesh is weak.

Try this, then take two aspirin and call me in the morning to let me know if you're feeling any better.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It appears your real concern is your wife. She must still be "IN". Perhaps point to the local Elders that are prosperous in their business or their jobs and state that you feel the need to do more to provide for your family's future, as they are doing. They certainly have not "sold their possessions to give to the poor and gone into full time service." They are not living like Armageddon is "right around the corner". Neither is the WTS, but instead they are undertaking new building projects that will take years to complete. Jehovah will understand the need to provide better for your family.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit