Favorite Football team?

by WildTurkey 108 Replies latest social physical

• dubla
    dubla

college ball is just as exciting if not more than pro dana.....thanks for reminding us. i think ive forgotton how great it can be lately, as ive been born and raised in ND country......whats wrong with our program? sheesh.....i hope ty can turn things around. on top of everything else, now weve lost three starters because of rape allegations, and our starting tailback has been kicked off the team for academic reasons. *sigh*, i feel another long season is on the horizon for the irish....but ill still be out at the golden dome for every home game, cracking open the first beer at around 8:30 am. go irish!

aa

Edited by - dubla on 10 July 2002 12:2:3

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Hey dubla

Yep, I always root for the Irish. I don't have any ties to ND but it's just a tradition or sumfin.

Ahhhh, I LOVE going to the games! Nothing like being surrounded by 90,000+ screaming Gator fans to get the blood pumpin'. I'm concerned about this year, now that we've lost Spurrier. I have no real hope of a great season, but I'm nothing if not loyal. I received a letter the other day from FSU (THE rival of UF, for those who don't know) inviting me to join their graduate program...AS IF!!!! LOL The paper started scorching before I could even finish reading it "Friends don't let friends go to Florida State"

Dana

• patricia
    patricia

I cheer for the Chargers with Doug Flutie,(almost Canadian) and the re-signed Steve Christie(Canadian). I even listen to the games that aren't televised (way up here in the frozen north) on the Charger's web site.

Edited by - Patricia on 10 July 2002 13:32:37

• Nemesis
    Nemesis

Why do Americans insist on misnaming our game? We [the English] invented Football, we named it Football, and then the Americans bastardised it, and now misname it soccer. I don't know anyone who calls it soccer here in Britain or Europe. Why don't you simply call it English Football, to make a distinction from your own game? We call your game American football, not American rugby/handball, or shy mans rugby.

Please reform your American labels and call OUR game by its given name, English Football.

Thank you very much,

Nemesis

• jack2
    jack2

Dana, you're right....college football is cool too!

I don't have a single favorite team, but I do like Michigan and Ohio State. Seems odd to like both sides in a bitter rivalry.

• LB
    LB

English Football? Don't you mean Brazilian Football?

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

I also have Viking ancestors and I know for sure that REAL Vikings wouldnt be playing in some PANSY DOME!

GO PACK GO!!!!!!!!!!

ITS ALL ABOUT THE FROZEN TUNDRA!!!!!!!!!

• jack2
    jack2

Turk, you're right - some great moments in that Cowboy-Niner rivalry!

In the early 70s, the 'Boys ousted SF twice in a row, including the playoff rally from 28-13 down to a 30-28 win in SF.

Then in the early 80s the rivalry resumed and there was "The Catch" - Dwight Clark from Joe Montana, one of the NFL's greatest moments.

In the 90's, the Boys won two out of three in conference title games against the Niners and three Super Bowls in four years, quite a run for Dallas.

Some good memories indeed......and Crazy, you are so right, and I said this before and I'll say it again.....The Vikings in a dome stadium is just plain wrong!

Edited by - jack2 on 10 July 2002 14:7:51

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Ah Hah! We play the niners in November at SanFran! Well that should be a great game! Have tickets gone on sale yet??? I would love to go to a packer game but being A) Im in Cali and B) Home tickets have been sold out since 1960- I dont think I have a chance :(

• dubla
    dubla

Please reform your American labels and call OUR game by its given name, English Football.

hey, you can call it whatever you want, and truth be told i dont know too many people around here who even talk about it, let alone label it "soccer"...........if they called it english football on espn, it wouldnt make it any less boring. you could call it "the absolute greatest spectacle of all time" and we still wouldnt watch it.

aa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit