Are women naturally "Bi" ?

by refiners fire 123 Replies latest social relationships

• ShaunaC
    ShaunaC

I obviously wholeheartedly agree with you Andee, as I do engage in bi-sexual activity while in a committed relationship. It does all depend on the people involved.

Nick & I have our own rules with each other. We know our boundaries and why we don't want to cross them. We could not be in an open relationship. For us it would lead to too much jealousy. I know that sounds strange but true. It's just what works for us. And only us!

I did want to say something about what Refiner mentioned about men being bi-curious. It seems to me that bi-curiousity almost always applies to women. If a man expresses an interest in what it would be like to be with another man, he's instantly labeled gay even though he may never act on it or even want to. But when a woman is bi-curious, she is simply that...curious. No one calls her a lesbian because she wonders what it would be like to kiss a woman or even do something more. It is a double standard created by our homophobic society.

Shauna

• TheContagion
    TheContagion

I think it is just more acceptable for girls to be bi than it is for boys. I have said this before and i think it is a very good point. Being as how humans have a long history of polygamy, female bisexuality would have a biological advantage. I believe this is the major reason we still find female bisexuality more acceptable. However

Based on research done by Kinsey in the 1940s and 1950s, as many as 15-25% of women and 33-46% of men may be bisexual, based on their activities or attractions. Bisexuals are in many ways a hidden population.

I think that acceptance of male bisexuality will increase. While status and power still is a strong selection pressure, male beauty is starting to be a bigger driving force in human sexual selection. Status and power is not a trait monopolized by the grunts anymore. And the pretty boys are becoming more successful more often then they used to in prehistory. Now the spectrum of feminine to androgynous to masculine is becoming more open to female preferences. I think the more pretty boys the more expectable male bisexuality will become. Look around boys aren't you feeling more pressure to be beautiful then our grandfathers did?

Another thing, about the whole men encourage women to be bi thing. I have met quite a few women who are very turned on by my being bisexual. I get encouragement all over the place.

I'm one of the i am attracted to the different sexes differently. With men i am bottom and submissive, girls i just like to have fun. I don't usually do the deed with girls, just explore and do everything else.

Edited by - TheContagion on 21 June 2002 15:17:11

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

SYN -- Good way of looking at it!! I am SYN- curious

Kisses all over,

Moe

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

so are you two going to hook up soon or what?

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

yes

• SYN
    SYN

Of course, Mango, there's just one little problem...the Atlantic Ocean...

Edited to add: AS SOON AS PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE

Edited by - SYN on 21 June 2002 16:20:11

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I totally agree with Naebs, it is more acceptable for women to experiment than it is men.

My friends and I just had a conversation about this a few days ago, and joked that it's "the in thing dah-ling, any girl as any girl is bi" It does kind of seem to be a fad.

I also have to TOTALLY agree with this:

'seem' bisexual or into having sex with other women, but have confessed it's all just talk

I have know more than a few women who are curious, but would never go through it. It will remain a fantasy. I also know another handful, and this makes me very sad, who aren't bi, but would be for their boyfriends/husbands enjoyment. That's just sad!

I read a psychologist who said one time that the reason it is more acceptable by a society for there to be lesbians and bisexual women is that women are seen as nuturing figures anyway. And I think that's a lot of what goes on in this forum. Women are the flirty touchy feely types of a society and branches off to men and women. Men aren't socialized to behave that way, and if they do--it goes without saying it is only socially acceptable to flirt with women. I also think a lot of precieved bisexuality is done on the part of men. I love it when I go to a club with friends of both genders and we see two girls on the dance floor bumping and grinding, the guys all say "oh my god check out the lesbians!" and all of the ladies realize "pfff no, they are probably just friends". I can be flirtatious with my girl-friends. Again, it's just nurturing and playful. I don't think any of us would ever seriously hop into bed with each other.

I have to agree with moe too...I can appreciate beauty in all human forms. The female body is beautiful...doesn't make me bi...tho I must admit, there was a time when I thought I probably was, who knew sexuality could be so confusing.

• Xander
    Xander
    bitter mango
    Emperor Class

Since: Jul 5, 2001
    Re: Are women naturally "Bi" ? Jun 21, 2002 16:00

so are you two going to hook up soon or what?
    MrMoe
    Jedi Member

United States of America
    Since: Aug 3, 2001
    Re: Are women naturally "Bi" ? Jun 21, 2002 16:01

yes

Much to the personal dismay of every guy on this board....

Edited by - Xander on 21 June 2002 16:19:52

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Xander -- AWWWWWWWW, maybe we can take photos... or then again maybe not...

Kisses,

Moe

• SYN
    SYN

Yeah, we can have a streaming webcast LOL

"Moe & SYN - The Get-Together"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit