Are women naturally "Bi" ?

by refiners fire 123 Replies latest social relationships

• Valis
    Valis
    Women sometimes naturally presume the men want to be dominant - even opening doors for women, paying the tab at restaurants can come across as showing the male's dominance, especially if the males insist on doing so.

and sometimes women assume too much for their own good....so much for being polite, but I do like the concept of using manners to dominate and tie up nasty girls...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• SYN
    SYN

Perhaps the fact that a very large fraction of the woman here are XJW, and therefore more willing to experiment, has something to do with it? That'd be my guess at least

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

Oh...

what to say on this one....

I think many of you made some good points here.

first it is more socially acceptable (and sometimes encouraged) for a woman to be with another woman. A previous boyfriend of mine upon learning that I had some interest on being with another woman, started to focus on that in the hopes for getting to watch the girl-girl show. When I was only stating that I can be attracted to both men and woman. I have never been with a woman to date but it is something I'm sure I will do at some point. The only catch if I find myself a bit more picky with women than men as far as who I am attracted to. (any ideas on why this?)

Now I don't believe that all woman have these tendencies. I would only hope to say that we fall for the individual ((((heaven)))) not the gender.

Is it really that difficult.

Spicey as she wants to be

• jack2
    jack2

Interesting thread and comments.......I'll focus on two comments, by Naeblis and Prisca.

Both made points that I think are very true. I won't restate what they said because each one said it better than I can, but I do agree that social reprecussions (which seem to be more dire for men than for women who express some bi thoughts or feelings) do play a role, as does the notion that it would seem to me, in most cases, to be mush easier to express oneself as having bi curiosity in an online discussion than in actual face-to-face discussion, at least for some people.

Actually, I was going to begin my reply by saying that refiner's fire had "courage" in not only bringing up this subject, but especially by touching on what men might feel with regard to bi curiosity. Then I thought, no, that sounds stereotypical....then I saw Naeblis' comment, and yes, perhaps indeed there is that 'stigma' attached to it when a guy expresses himself on such a matter, thus maybe he is showing courage by mentioning it. Does that mean it takes no courage on a woman's part to express bi curiosity? Not at all, but it does appear to somehow be different for men in some respects, as if there is more of a stigma attached to it.

As far as whether it is "natural" for a woman to express or act upon such feelings, well, the word "natural" can be a loaded word, easily used by some (especially the religious right and jws) to condemn such feelings or expressions.

Interesting thread refiners. Xena, helpful posts too.

• LB
    LB

Personally, Ive lived 46 years and have never encountered one of these sexually aggresive females. Do they really exist?
    Well while they didn't exist back when I was in highschool I've managed to run into a couple along the way. In fact a funny thing happened recently while in a store with my middle son. A lady behind the counter was very agressive towards me. My son's mouth fell open as she was closer to his age than to mine. Of course I told him that it happens all the time and I"m so tired of being treated like a piece of meat

Women sure flirt more with each other than men. But women also are more touchie feelie than men too. I mean you wouldn't give it a second thought if a woman reached over the fix her girlfriends hair or something, but if a guy did that he'd be risking a pop to the mouth.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

LB --

Women sure flirt more with each other than men. But women also are more touchie feelie than men too. I mean you wouldn't give it a second thought if a woman reached over the fix her girlfriends hair or something, but if a guy did that he'd be risking a pop to the mouth.

Can I start using this in my signature?

I am not bisexual and I am an EX-Dub... And SYN does not count...

Kisses,

Moe

Women sure flirt more with each other than men. But women also are more touchie feelie than men too. I mean you wouldn't give it a second thought if a woman reached over the fix her girlfriends hair or something, but if a guy did that he'd be risking a pop to the mouth. -- LB, jw.com

• LB
    LB

I said something signature worthy?? Too funny Moe. Maybe you should at least correct my spelling and grammer first???

The bisexual mother of my grandaughter came over and spent the night with us last night. Well I'm not so sure she's really bi as the only guy she slept with is my son and she used him to get pregnant. Not so sure that's an endorsement for her!! She and I discussed the touchie feelie things that girls do and I asked her if that made it easier for her to hit on women.

She replied... "yes, oh yes, yes, yes it does, it really does".

• Wendy
    Wendy

Well since I am really BI I will comment on this thread. I have always been attracted to woman. I have never entertained the idea of having a relationship with a woman though, I like men too much I have never made the mistake of hitting on a woman who wasn't interested. I have had a few who experienced their first encounter with me, but they admitted to having the tendency long before I came along As for being in a relationship and having bi tendencies(what the hell does that means anyway[;))] Tom actively encourages this side of me. We even comment on woman when we see a particularly attractive one. It is funny driving down the road, we both are booty shopping haha.

For those who flirt with other woman, they are just one step away from an actual sexual encounter with one. They have entertained the idea and are just testing the water so to speak. If they thought it was turn off they would never respond IMO. Of course I have found on the internet that not is all that it appears. I just can't imagine myself talking about a subject that revolts me. So again IMO those who do flirt are more likely to follow through then ones who do not. All they need is an aggressive female OH Mango

Honestly though, I have met bi woman who I haven't been attracted to, so that in no way diminishes my bi~ness. And there are straight woman who I have drooled over, and could tell straight off they were not interested. I guess what I am trying to say is that it all depends on the person and your attraction to them. So I guess in answering your question, some woman are naturally bi. I believe others have this desire and need some encouragement to follow through with it. Getting rid of the stereotypes and years of sexual frustration as dubs takes some time though. Openly flirting about it, helps some to at least entertain the thought, and get past some of the stereotypes associated with this.

wendy

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Open Question:

I find women attractive, sometimes even stimulating, but never to the point where I would do anything. Now, you all KNOW my stance -- straight as an arrow. Could I fall for a woman? I guess, anything is possible, but I don't see it happening.

Now, for my question. What is YOUR take as far as my sexuality? If I am attracted to women does that make me bi-sexual? Not saying I am, because I am not, just women can be sexy. The human body is such a work of art and I would be a liar not to notice it.

So because I am attracted to women does that make me bi? Those of you who say yes, you are wrong, but I just wanted everybody's opinion on this... if I even get a response...

Kisses,

Moe

• ShaunaC
    ShaunaC

I too am a true bisexual and not faking it or exagerating for the sake of only turning you boys on. I first had conscious thoughts about women while still a JW and married. While never really against or hateful towards male homosexuality, it always made more sense to me that women could and would be with other women. Of course, then I would have to be a good JW and tell myself not to think such impure thoughts.

I can even remember playing house with my female cousin at a very young age, perhaps 4 or 5. I played the husband cuz I was older and taller. I remember we kissed and I had a wierd feeling that at that age I couldn't understand. It was mere childs play but it affected me. Who knows if that has to do with my JW upbringing or if it was the first signs of my bi-sexuality.

I agree that it is much easier in society for a woman to be bi-curious. But many stay just that...curious. They may not have the balls to go farther, maybe the right situation never presents itself, maybe they're never in a spot in their life where they are ready to go there.

While I've had more "contact" with women than I have men, I, like Wendy, have never been in a relationship with a woman. By the time I was able to indulge in my attraction to women, I was already in a committed relationship with Nick. But if I was ever to find myself single again, I probably would try a relationship with a woman. But I just don't know if I can go without a man.

Mango...I look for women like you. I am naturally shy and don't have the greatest self-confidence around other beautiful women (which I am solely attracted to, feminine, beautiful women), so I need a woman to take charge of me at first. Then once I'm comfortable that you like me I'm good to go!

Shauna

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit