Are women naturally "Bi" ?

by refiners fire 123 Replies latest social relationships

• beckyboop
    beckyboop

Mr. Moe,

If your aren't bi-curious, then how do you describe your obvious attraction to SYN? It seems like you are curious at the very least to at least one woman. Do you not want to be attracted to other women, and if you are, don't like that part of you?

I'm not being mean, just curious because of all the comments between you.

Becky

• Prisca
    Prisca

I think Refiner should receive a bravery award, or at least a special commendation, for having the guts to be honest about his fantasies about other men, and for writing them here, even though many men could have ridiculed him for doing so.

RF rocks!

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Well I saw you posted in here and I came to check and make sure you are behaving yourself!

While we are here though

Do you want to hear the fantasies I hold regarding yourself??

(:D)

• Prisca
    Prisca

RF, who are you talking to? And what are these fantasies you're talking about????

• MissyMoesGhost
    MissyMoesGhost

Becky -

Mr. Moe,If your aren't bi-curious, then how do you describe your obvious attraction to SYN? It seems like you are curious at the very least to at least one woman. Do you not want to be attracted to other women, and if you are, don't like that part of you?I'm not being mean, just curious because of all the comments between you.

Well, as SYN said it, maybe they just spoke to my heart... and my mind... and trust me I am not bi-sexual.

Kisses,

Moe

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Refiners Fire,

I'm so glad you brought this subject up as it is related to a theory I've had, but didn't know how to bring it up. So, now that the subject is on the table, here's my theory.

You stated in your opening post that since there is often talk of some women being attracted to other women on this board that women may be bi-sexual. Conversely, among the men this type of talk is rarely, if ever, heard.

Okay, here's my theory, as nearly as I can express it. Men are a bit "homophobic," for want of a better word. Men are highly offended by talk of male homosexuality and are often very aggressive about angrily stating and stopping it, as evidenced by the heated threads on the subject of male homosexuality. So, it's rare that a man would broach the subject, let alone make suggestive comments to another man.

However, women are often neutral on the subject and aren't offended by lesbian-type flirtations. There's never been a thread, to my knowledge, about anyone being offended by female-female flirtations. And, it seems that men aren't offended by it either and usually seem to join in on the fun.

So, I don't think women are naturally bi-sexual. I'm not. But they are not upset when there is talk of it by some.

Just my little theory about a difference between men and women. Ya gotta love 'em!

Pat

• larc
    larc

Patio, Your comments triggered a couple of thoughts in me. I remember in high school, at a high school dance, the girls would dance with each other, if the boys did not ask them to dance. Guys would NEVER do that. Another example, if four women get into a whirlpool, they will cozy up, sit close together and chat. Men will sit at equal distances from each other and chat. Yep, the genders are different alright.

• obiefernandez
    obiefernandez

Surprised nobody's beaten me to it yet... I'm tri-sexual .. I'll tri anything.

Ok, actually I probably won't try *anything* but pretty close. Since leaving the cult, leaving my marriage, living in midtown Atlanta, and including gay and bi people in my circle of friends, it's getting to the point where I don't have many inhibitions left. Does that mean I want to act on just any impulse that comes along? No, of course not. I don't sleep around. But I am in a life situation where I don't have to put up any act for anyone. Bravo to Refiner's Fire for being so honest and great topic for Pride Month! ;)

Obie

Edited by - obiefernandez on 22 June 2002 1:55:38

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Larc,

Thanks for the observation. Also, remember Matthew Shepard who was killed because of making homosexual advances? And in the military, it seems to always be the men who beat up gay men. Women don't seem to care.

Pat

• Solace
    Solace

This is very interesting.

Even when I was in my teens and going out with a group of friends, if me or my girlfriends werent getting attention from the guys, we would always flirt with eachother in front of them. It just seemed to break the ice and get the guys excited to boot.

Prisca mentioned about people being happy in their marriages and entertaining the idea etc. This is a good point actually. My husband and I are both awful flirts. He especially likes it when I flirt with the ladies.

Edited by - heaven on 22 June 2002 1:0:1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit