Why Ex-JWs Will Never Go From Door to Door

by comforter 143 Replies latest jw friends

• comforter
    comforter

???Comforter,
    You said moonies are a dangerous cult.
    What makes the Moonies a cult? (How is a cult defined?)???

We define a cult as a religious group that is authoritarian, centered around a human leader or leaders and practices the inducing of zombification (a sociological phenomenon). A cult also goes against the counsel found in the Bible. I believe moonies meet up to this definition of cult.

???And, what makes them dangerous????

Any group that uses people for its own ends, zombifies them, and teaches extreme and false religious views acts as a morbid influence to society.

Comfort

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one

Comforter,

You claim that only "true christians" go from door to door, but what about exploited children who have the misfortune of being born into a family that is part of the JW cult? I slaved from door to door as a young child, but never believed in the bullshit that your cult forced down my throat. I was truly a slave, as I hated going from door to door and only did so under the duress of a severe beating for non-compliance. I terminated all my association with JWs at the age of 14, but paid the price for doing so.

Your words make me feel like puking and I hope that if you have or someday have kids, you won't force them in any way to participate in this practice. It's a practice encouraged by your cult as they benefit from the marketing labor of children and could care less about the impact they have on the lives of innocent children. In fact, much of my resentment towards your cult is attributable to the exploitation I endured that benefitted the corporations that run your cult. Money could not compensate for the misery your cult inflicted upon my childhood.

As for your comments about educating college grads, nice pipe dream. Got any extra of the stuff that gives you these delusions?

• joeshmoe
    joeshmoe
    I have never read any blanket condemantions about internet activity in our magazines. Maybe there have been warnings to be careful about where we go on the internet. But we are not forbidden to surf the internet.

Uh-oh. Comforter, are you twisting the words of the org? The standing rule on internet activity is, if you wouldn't invite someone into you're home, don't interact with them on the internet.

I'm recently DF'd. Drop me an email with your address and I'll be right over. I can't wait!

Of course, I believe DFing is a misuse of scripture. I don't believe JW's were chosen to be gods "slave" on earth. Don't believe their insane, waffling bible chronologies. Don't buy into their programmed activities.

Don't want anything to do with their "good news".

Good-bye.

• metatron
    metatron

Oh, and by the way, about free literature.....

The Society hates giving away literature for free - because they're losing money!

That's why people in institutions (like prisons) who beg for literature in letters sent to

the Society are given form replies refusing them, even though many of them are too

poor to afford anything. I know this because I dealt with it.

metatron

• comforter
    comforter

Manyn kids love going from door to door and cannot wait until they can pioneer. Joshua wrote that as for me and my household, we shall serve Jehovah. I feel the same way. While a child is in my house, I will encourage it to go from door to door. If it later decides it does not want to be a jw, that it the child's responsibility.

Joe

The society does not forbid us to use internet.

Meta

You could be making up stuff. Why would I believe you? Besides, I love giving away literature for free. Matthew 10:8.

Comforter

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Comforter....listen to your inner voice...DRINK THE KOOL-ADE.

-BONEZZ

• Celia
    Celia

Why would ex-JWs go door-to-door anyway ?

They left the organization, remember, no more magazines and books and brochures to sell....... oops, to place...... No more Watch Tower Society to tell them they have to do this or die !

The Truth has set them free.... they're no slave of the Borg anymore !

Edited by - Celia on 17 June 2002 13:43:14

• Matty
    Matty
    Many kids love going from door to door and cannot wait until they can pioneer

Many kids lie to keep their parents happy.

• comforter
    comforter

Celia

I do not preach outta fear. I preach out of love, lady. You are either in union with Christ or not. If you are in Christ, you know it. No amount of scare tactics can make you or hinder you from expressing the good news that is in your heart. Only preaching done out of love is of any avail.

Matty

Are you saying that all jw kids are just going from door to door to keep parents happy? Hogwash and horsefeathers.

• moman
    moman

comforter,

can you tell me why the WT printed the pictures of those innocent, but DEAD children on the front page of the 94 Awake?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit