SUICIDE IN KH PARKING LOT

by Sabine 129 Replies latest social current

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

(((Sabine)))

Thank you for sharing that information. What a terribly sad situation and I feel for you and your memories, too.

Until we can step back at look at what kind of organization we had belong to and how religiously abusive they are, we may have been as brain dead as those jws drones sprouting their "love". <sick> But hopefully we can be there for anyone needing support when leaving the borg. I just wish we could all contact the df'd ones and let them know the real truth.

j2bf

• waiting
    waiting

hello Sabine,

A long time ago, a close friend of mine committed suicide by hanging - alone in a public place - much like this young man. I've read where men seem to chose more violent ways to kill themselves than women. It seems that way. My friend was a good young man, intelligent, but seemed to "travel with a different drummer." Guess it finally caught up with him.

I'm so sorry that this has triggered so many sorrows for you. I didn't know about your daughter. Such a tragedy. My son's in outpatient now for depression and I suspect he's tried suicide - and not because of jw issues. I think the jw issues are added stress in some instances - and the actual stress in others. Whatever, I've always held the stupid belief that children should lead long lives - however illogical that is.

May you have peace - - and find a way to share peace with your friend. She definitely needs it - and most likely won't find it from her jw associates. She's "not upbuilding" right now - and her son was like a leper - an unmentionable.

Take care.

waiting

• saltiest
    saltiest

Sabine,

I am from that area and knew many from the Woodinville congregation. Your email is private, so you could send me an email and let me know who this man was? My mom, still a JW, hasn't called me and will not talk to me when I call so I'm unable to find out.

This is so apalling, and yet they (not all, thank goodness your mom doesn't, Mulan) shrug this away, as if one word "disfellowshipped" takes away a person's worth. I remember trying so hard to communicate to a disfellowshipped friend when I was a teen, yet I was counseled not to. But I knew it made a difference, for when I just smiled in her direction, her face lit up. They are so clueless. Not that I want more to go back to the borg, but if they only knew they should be doing the opposite, then fewer would leave them.

Completely boggles my mind.

Alicia

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

This makes me so sad Sabine. And so ANGRY! Such cruelty. If the Governing Body had any compassion left inside them they would write article upon article about how family members should NEVER cut one another off. But, they are completely devoid of decency. They themselves are the ones the bible warned about when it writes of those having no NATURAL affection. They'd much rather worship their blood-thirsty Jehovah than imitate Christ. YECCCCCHHHH! Bloodguilty yet again.

• Scully
    Scully

Here's the URL for the Watchtower Victims Memorial:

http://www.ajwrb.org/victims/index.shtml

Sabine:

I wish I knew how to describe my utter and terrified disgust at how the way this young person was treated by people who claimed to be doing it out of "love" drove him to end his life.

The WTS is surely going to reap the bad fruitage they've sown.

I'd like to hear more about your daughter too, when you're feeling up to it.

Love, Scully

• Salud
    Salud

Sabine,

So sorry to hear about the young man in Woodinville KH. Also sorry to learn about your daughter.

It seems for whatever reason this young man still felt a part or a connection to the congregation. How sad there was no one there to turn too. I feel there needs to be more done about this. I am hearing too many stories about suicide among JW's and how directly or indirectly many of them are related to disfellowhipping. Also interesting to note how many of the suicides I have heard or known about many were in full-time service or had just left.

I blame the WT leadership for many of these and they are to be held blood guilty for it.

• Prisca
    Prisca

How tragic.

And it sounds like the young man wanted the JWs to know they were the cause for his misery, by hanging himself in their carpark.

My deepest sympathies to his mother, who would be going through unspeakable grief right now.

Sabine, I know this would have brought up some very painful memories for you, but it is lovely that you are willing to reach out to his mother. Both of you women have experienced a loss that none of us can imagine.

The WTS has ALOT to answer for!!

• Princess
    Princess

This is so horrible. I am going to email you via my mom.

Rachel

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

What to say - tragic is all and so unnecessary (((Sabine)))

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Dear Sabine;

This is just heartbreaking to even read about. My heart is aching for this young person that obviously was in so much pain. What is incredible is those at the KH probably used it as an example to others that "this is what happens when you turn your back on Jeh." Makes we want to puke!!!!

My heart goes out to you and your family as well. I am sure that just hearing this is like a flashback to the tragic events in your own life. Your courage to speak about it can help others that also suffer from painful depression and lack of self-worth. When you speak of your daughter I always think about a beautiful, sensitive young women that this religion put such a burden of perfection on, that they took all her strength. Her memory lives on through her family, and she becomes real to all of us.

Leslie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit