SUICIDE IN KH PARKING LOT

by Sabine 129 Replies latest social current

• Sabine
    Sabine

Last Saturday, a former ministerial servant and pioneer committed suicide in the Woodinville Washington Kingdom Hall parking lot. He was disfellowshipped several years ago, and according to the old sister that related the story to me today, he was depressed because no one would talk to him. I don't know how I kept calm when she explained to me that "we couldn't talk to him...he was disfellowshipped."

He wrapped a rope around his neck, then around two of the light posts in the parking lot, got in his car and accelerated. His body was yanked out of the car, and he laid strangled to death in the parking lot where he was found.

As some of you may know, this is the same kingdom hall we attended before our daughter committed suicide four years ago. The only reason I knew to ask this sister about what happened is because my son goes to school with a young boy that lives next door to the Kingdom hall and he told my son a dead man was found in the parking lot. Otherwise, I am sure no one would have called us to tell us that yet another young person was driven to suicide by the cruel practice of disfellowshipping and shunning.

I wasn't a close friend of this young man, but I remember that when we first moved to this area, he made an impression on me because he was a very kind, humble type person, and that really stood out in a congregation full of arrogant, cocky elders and servants.

I am writing this to pay homage to a quiet, kind young man, who like my daughter internalized the negative messages that he was a "sinner" and not worthy of associating with god's "clean" organization. I have never before publicly stated what congregation I attended, but I felt the need to speak out about whats happening in this local area. What can I say, my heart is broken that another young life is sacrificed to this destructive cult...

Sabine

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

Tragic.

Thank you for sharing this Sabine. I know it must be difficult to stir up old memories.

Hmmm

• obiwan
    obiwan

So much for compassion,they can't even prevent a suicide where only kind words are needed.

• Simon
    Simon

What a sad story and another tragic loss.

Were will it all end?

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

This is so sad! It actually made me cry...it makes you think of all the people in the world who either go through with it, or just ponder it (which is just as sad in my mind) because they have parents and friends who love Jehovah more than they love their own flesh and family...it makes me sick!

I hope everyone in that hall takes a good look at themselves

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

My God - how tragic.

My heart goes out to the family of this sad person, and also to you Sabine. This must uncover some painful feelings for you and your family.

My blood is also boiling with fury. What part the WTS played in this death we may never know, but the hands of the GB are certainly drenched in the gore of such innocents.

HS

• Sabine
    Sabine

I just wanted to add that my son just got home from school, and I had asked him to ask the witness kids at school if they knew what happened. He said one witness boy said, "oh yeah, it was a disfellowshiped person", like it was not anyone important.

The total lack of compassion in the face of such a tragedy, talk about bringing up old memories.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Lee Elder is associated with AJWRB, and on that site is a place, or a link to a place, with the Watchtower Victims memorial. If you feel up to it, perhaps it can be arranged for this young man's name to be put up there for the rest of us who would have cared about himand helped him if we could have just had the chance.

We have SSOOOO oh SSOOOO much more work to do. ADVERTISE ADVERTISE ADVERTISE...

• obiwan
    obiwan

And the saddest thing is they will blame this on him losing faith in god.What a croc!

• termite 35
    termite 35

Poor,poor boy...the despair he must have been feeling is beyond comprehension...

How awful for you Sabine, to have lost a daughter,especially in that way.I did'nt know;what a tragedy,i'd love to hear about her sometime...

Was it a very long time ago?How are you coping today?

Lots of love sent down the line to you XXX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit