SUICIDE IN KH PARKING LOT

by Sabine 129 Replies latest social current

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

This is absolutely tragic. People who were never JWs have no idea what a blow a DFing can be to someone who never saw it coming or to those whose entire life was wrapped up in JW culture. I think what we've seen of these tragic experiences is only the tip of the iceburg unfortunately.

Path

• outnfree
    outnfree

((((Sabine))))

I am sickened, and saddened and furious!!! This young man needn't have died. The GB certainly IS bloodguilty...

I am sorry about your daughter and I think it very big of you to want to reach out to the young man's mother. She will need lots of support and I think that if she's aware of your daughter's suicide, she will be relieved to talk to another who has suffered the tragic, needless death of a child.

So sorry.

outnfree

• JT
    JT

I am writing this to pay homage to a quiet, kind young man, who like my daughter internalized the negative messages that he was a "sinner" and not worthy of associating with god's "clean" organization. I have never before publicly stated what congregation I attended, but I felt the need to speak out about whats happening in this local area. What can I say, my heart is broken that another young life is sacrificed to this destructive cult...

Sabine

########

thanks for the post- your thoughts are deep- great post

• TheContagion
  • TexSham
    TexSham

Sabine (River?)

You said, "He was disfellowshipped several years ago, and according to the old sister that related the story to me today,..."

And you said, "I am just in shock, I've been out of town and my son just related this story to me yesterday."

How did you hear about this suicide?

• Preston
    Preston

I'm sooooo sorry Sabine, shattering...

E-mail me when u get the chance...

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

hi sabine, ............ the reason that kid "did it" in a "kingdom hall parking lot", was cause he wanted to get their attention.........he needed the attention of the people he loved, but instead they disfellowshipped him, and mocked him..........and probably didn't believe him about something, or whatever.......the po was in charge, he was in on it.

i sure hope someone takes alot of money away from this organization soon!......with court cases, and publicity........ i think that would help the problem alot.

now watch them slander him publicly........"he wasn't a jw".....he was "disfellowshipped"..........he did "this"...he did "that".....he was not in "good standing"......... just like judas,,,,,,he killed himself.........

• RR
    RR

That's common. Jerry Bergman was telling me the story of a young man he was treating who killed himself outside the kingdom hall. The young man of about 20, had married his childhood sweetheart, they had just become parents and when he sincerely questioned some of the Society's teachings, he was disfellowshipped. Depresses because of it, having no contact with Witness family and friends, his marriage strained, he drove to the Kingdom, sat in his car and put a shotgun to his head and pulled the trigger.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Another kingdom hall covered w blood. I wonder, how many k h's have blood on them like that? Jehovah's clean org??!!

SS

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Sabine,

Thank you for sharing this sad story. The "Truth" really hurts, more than some of us can ever know. I've had several close friends who have lost children through accidents or illness and it is truly a mother's worst nightmare. I would think that this mother would welcome your sympathy, and an understanding hug...no words would really be needed.

I'm fairly new here and would love to hear about your daughter sometime when you are inclined to tell us about her. God Bless you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit