SUICIDE IN KH PARKING LOT

by Sabine 129 Replies latest social current

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

(((((((((( Sabine )))))))))

I know this must have dredged up so many memories for you and your husband. You both in my book are the best. Miss you lady. (knew you from Tim's board last summer)

The repsonse from the child at school is so hard to swallow. Its a life no matter who that person was.

Hugs to you lady.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Sabine, if this leaves me feeling like my head and my heart are going to explode, I can only imagine what it triggers in you and Mak.

So sorry. For you, for the family of this man, for me, for all of us.

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme

This is absolutely tragic!!!

Is there anything in a newspaper about it? I'd love to show this to someone I know who wouldn't believe me unless it was in a newspaper or on TV or something..

Thanks

• obiwan
    obiwan

This make me very worried because I have friends that are still jw's and some of them are not very strong emotionally,this could push them to an act such as this.I lost a friend to suicide years ago because her husband was leaving her (both jw's)and she committed suicide,after that the friends of hers still associated with the husband and all they could talk about was that she would not be resurrected.

• termite 35
    termite 35

A teenager on our circuit died in a car crash..he'd only faded away.When the story of his death was related to me the teller finished with the words...

'YES...DEAD...BUT HE WAS'NT ACTIVE ANYMORE...''The mother recieved MEASURED sympathy ...

hardhearted to the core.

• HappyHeathen
    HappyHeathen

Sabine,

My stomach is in knots just thinking about this. Poor, poor, young man. So sad a support group didn't get to him first. I am so sorry to hear of your daughter as well. My father committed suicide when I was 17, which was horrible enough, but I fear losing a child is much worse.

And the comments made by the young witness boy is sadly typical of how most dubs feel. They probably wouldn't throw us a life preserver if we were drowning.

Dungbeetle,

What is the web address of the site that has the memorial list? I know of someone I'd like to add.

HH

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Oh how sad, so terribly sad. What a terrible tragic thing to happen, and yes it sure would stir up sad memories for you.

Hugs

• Sabine
    Sabine

Thank you all for the loving support and compassion.

I am just in shock, I've been out of town and my son just related this story to me yesterday. I searched the local paper on-line, and the Seattle Times but found nothing written about it. But then my daughter's death wasn't in any of the local papers either, I remember feeling relieved about that at the time. Suicide carries such social stigma and shame, I think the media stays away from reporting on it unless it's a famous person, to give some privacy to the surviving family members.

My dilema now is that I want to speak to this man's mother. I did know her very well. She was a regular in my car group when I was a pioneer. She is one of those quiet, meek older sisters that none of the young hip pioneer cliques wanted in their group. I have so much I can share with her, but as you all know, it wouldn't be considered "uplifting, christian encouragement". I don't think she needs to lose her whole belief system right now too. I just need to calm down and in a few days when I'm now so angry maybe then I can just go by as a fellow suicide survivor and leave the borg. out of if for now.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Sabine, you could always just send her an anonymous sympathy card, with an email addrerss nobody knows but you (a newly created one).

YOU will know you cared.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Sabine, sorry my cell phone quit while we were talking today. I was so upset about this while I was driving home, that I went right in the house and told my mother about it.

She was so horrified! I thought she was going to cry, and said this "Someone in that congregation is going to have to answer for this!" She was so adamant too. She kept talking about the 'law of love', and compassion and mercy and "why don't they take into account a person's mental condition?" She said she hoped at least his mother hadn't cut him off. So many do that, but she never would turn her back on her family.

I'll call you later.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit