I'm living with nausea

by kairos 68 Replies latest members private

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Kairos,

Your current dilema sounds a lot like what I went through 4 years ago. I finally faced ttatt. Couldn't sleep, couldn't eat, lost 30 pounds in about 2 months, constant burning in my stomach. I finally checked myself into a mental health facility because thoughts of suicide began to surface. I finally got to talk to a non-judgemental person about how I felt regarding the religion that I was brought up in and was part of for 6 decades. Life changing events do take a toll.

Today, I'm a very happy guy knowing that I was not going crazy. My wife, who is "still in, an I are fine and she is beginning to see a very different, but better, person.

Get some professional help!

just sayin!

eyeuse2badub

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

You know something's seriously wrong when your religion is literally making you sick...

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Edit: I have tried using the 'search' feature and can't seem to find a thread that elaborates a successful awakening and the steps taken.

If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be a great, great help.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going through the same exact situation and I'm trying different avenues.

Therapy will probably be a last resort but definitely worth a shot if nothing else seems to be making a dent.

I would welcome suggestions from any member who has successfully awakened their spouse.

Kairos I sympathize with you and I hope you and I can make it out with our spouses and sanity intact.

• kairos
    kairos

The repiles of encouragement are helping me.

Thanks and keep 'em coming.

---

Yes, I did see a doctor and had a C/T scan and blood tests.

There have been many factors that contribute to my stress.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

@DoC: you might be right. Thanks for the idea.

• flipper
    flipper

KAIROS- I'm glad to hear that you had a good chat with your wife. I DO know how stressful it can be being married to a JW as I was married to one for 19 years at one time. Getting some counseling sounds like a good idea for yourself, even IF your wife doesn't want to go as it will help you be able to unload and express yourself to a professional therapist who is trained to assist people with these stressful situations.

My wife and I have been thinking a lot about you my friend and we care what happens to you. I'll try to call tomorrow as I have some time off tomorrow, perhaps we can chat as buds . O.K. ? Hope to talk soon. Hang in there friend

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

If you or your health insurance can cover it, talking with a good psychologist works wonders.

Wishing you the best,

BOC

• kairos
    kairos

I have cool insurance plan.

I'll look into this.

Flipper: yes, please do call.

• Scully
    Scully

kairos

Do you have an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through your workplace? It would be a good place to start for counselling if you do - it's free, confidential and depending on the provider, you can get help over the phone, in person or online. My employer offers 5 hours per venue for each encounter (stress/anxiety related to changing beliefs would count as one 'encounter', coping with marital discord would count as another 'encounter', financial problems would be yet another) per year. Your wife and children would be entitled to the same.

• rebel8
    rebel8

That's exactly what happens to me when I'm really stressed. It really sucks.

Have you tried some meditation techniques? How about some chamomile tea? Hot bath?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit