I'm living with nausea

by kairos 68 Replies latest members private

• kairos
    kairos

Everyone, thank you very much for checking in.

Today is shaping up to be a great one. Wife and I are on our way to the coast for a nice day trip.
    The comments are excellent. Nice to know I'm going to survive this.

• kairos
    kairos

I have started a therapy that some of you may have heard of.
    It's called EDMR. I used this method successfully back in 2009 to combat PTSD symptoms after an injury auto accident.

With just two short visits I am already doing so much better!
    Next visit is Thursday.

Also the visits to the counselor through my medical provider is helping sort some things out as well.

• bsmart
    bsmart

It's tough dealing with the anxiety, I am so glad you have found some relief with the therapy for PTSD. It makes sense that even when the trauma is emotional instead of physical you can draw from the same source . Hang in there Buddy. You can do this!

bsmart

• kairos
    kairos

I have high hopes for surviving this big nightmare.

Others seeing this is not the end of us, might help.

Patience is the name of this game.

• kairos
    kairos

So just a few days after some very useful therapy, I am down to only 10 minutes of morning nausea instead of 1-4 hours.

This is such a relief.
    My goal is to never again recognize any JW "authority" or allow them to control me EVER again.
    Free thinking is in reach!!

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM
    After my wife got reinstated and went all hard core on me and then I read some of the scare stories on here I got very anxious and feared for our marriage and my son (read soem of my early posts). But through resoluteness ande demonstrating my love, I was able to first stop my wife taking my son to meetings and then get my wife to stop going and she hasn't been for 18 months (and didn't even go to the memorial this year) so there is definitely hope and despite what your wife says about her never leaving the cult I think the signs from her behaviour should give you confidence that by continuing to show her love and the strength of your relationship she will eventually realise that real love comes from you, not the brothers and sisters.
  • kairos
    kairos

The nausea is gone ( for now ).

Thought I'd write a quick little update.

This past week was rough. Hard arguments with my wife.
    Many thoughtless comments were made by each of us.
    Talk of separation was brief, but there.

We worked through this.
    I'm really trying my hardest to stop bringing up JW subjects. None.

I want to just remind her that I'd prefer not to discuss any of that.
    If she insists, which I highly doubt she will, I'll simply ask for physical proof or evidence to support her story.

We've been working in the yard, taking walks in the country, getting projects ready and many other things TOGETHER. We go on fantastic road trips in her sports car.

I'm hopeful of a happy life even if she stays a JW.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    It's good to hear things are improving for you. For some reason physical symptoms of mental distress are particular annoying to me, maybe for you too. It sounds like you're getting into a good routine of non-cult activities with the wife, I hope she eventually sees that life away from the cult is so much better than the mental prison of the cult. Good luck!
  • JakeM2012
    JakeM2012
    This is good news, Kairos.
  • kairos
    kairos

I figured I better check in and do a little update.

I have stopped losing weight after hitting 175, down from 255!

So, I feel pretty good and have quite a bit more energy.

One part of the story I left out to protect my identity was the fact that the initial nausea was triggered by the large earthquake near Napa where we live. I t was the most outrageous quake i had ever felt and I was sure I was dying at Armageddon. The epicenter was literally two miles from my bed and everything was moving back and forth one to two feet per second. I was pinned up against the headboard and had sensations of zero gravity.After it stopped shaking, I had motion sickness for four hours.

I only have short lapses of nausea or anxiety on some mornings, now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit