Governing Body Member Gerrit Loesch Must Eventually Take The Witness Stand In Child Molestation Lawsuits

by frankiespeakin 142 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Oub,

I just meant that we cannot walk up to a GB member and cross-examine them. I can't make an Elder answer anything truthfully. They always deflect and threaten to skirt the issue. I remember Jaracz making a curt remark to a reporter before running away.

The Walsh trial showed what happens when a GB member is put on the stand. There is no way in hell the GB want a repeat of those events. I can't make an Elder or GB member engage in a discussion against their will. I can't take them into the back room, but a lawyer can.

DD

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Thinking of Governing Body members running from Process Servers put a smile on my face today. Will Bethel need to be rebuilt offshore? The Caymans, Bahamas- it will make it easier to avoid lawsuits, prosecution, and manage the Hedge funds with no pesky cops and SEC. Will it be staffed with fresh new young Bethel Boys?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Data-Dog - "The Walsh trial showed what happens when a GB member is put on the stand. There is no way in hell the GB want a repeat of those events."

How the hell did they still obtain charity/tax-free status after that pooch-screw, anyway?

• cofty
    cofty

The Walsh trial was in the 50s

I don't think the CC worries about 60 year old judgements. It is high time for a new trial for the 21st century.

Children's rights have come a long way in the last few decades. Historical failures to protect children by institutions is a hot topic in the UK right now.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I agree that regular JWs will not even know about the case. It may sway those already questioning to leave. If and when a GB member testifies, I hope it is televised (does CA have televised access to trials?) and posted on YouTube. They would crack under cross-examination. I expect they will be evasive but a good trial lawyer can compensate.

• Splash
    Splash

Can you imagine Lett in court?

All those patronising, fake, exaggerated facial expressions would go down a storm

Splash

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Can you imagine Lett in court?

I'd much rather see Tony Mo The Turd on the stand, and in the middle of questioning he breaks off and begins reminiscing about human hot dogs.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Governing Body Members wouldn't know what to do in a Courtroom. No one swallowing their poorly thought out drivel. No one fawning. No yes boys.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Balaamsass2, EXACTLY!!

The point is that the GB don't want to honestly answer any questions in front of non-JWs who are not brainwashed. They feel they are above being questioned and above explaining anything to anyone! Can you imagine the audacity of a "wordly" lawyer questioning the brothers of Jesus!!!

DD

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Data-Dog - "The point is that the GB don't want to honestly answer any questions in front of non-JWs who are not brainwashed."

"Mistakes were made (but not by us!)"

"An example will be made (and it'll be you!)"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit