Governing Body Member Gerrit Loesch Must Eventually Take The Witness Stand In Child Molestation Lawsuits

by frankiespeakin 142 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I hope the WTBTS burns. After reading the Walsh transcripts, I realized that the WTBTS would do everything in their power to keep the GB off the stand. Any jury with an ounce of common sense will see throught their charade. It would be so awesome to be a lawyer who questions the GB!

The GB have zero power in court. They can't threaten a lawyer with being DF'd, or compare a lawyer with Korah. They have ZERO LEVERAGE! A good lawyer can draw back the curtain and expose the wizard! They can do what we cannot. The GB are going to have to lie in court, or not show up.

I wonder if Gerrit Loesch's recent praise in the WT was planned around this upcoming case? Let's say he goes to jail for contempt or some similar charge, he will be a hero.

DD

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

DD: They can do what we cannot.

Not true. We do that every day here. Do you really think getting Losch on the stand would matter to the R&F Jdub?

They'd never even know because they are indoctrinated to ignore any negative information about their precious little religion.

• helpmeout
    helpmeout

I have been following the news from California. I live in Atlantic Canada. It is something that people I know in the congregation here are concerned about. I had lunch with a Brother from my congregation following the meeting today. During the conversation, he mentioned reports from the UK about child abuse by an elder. I took the opportunity to tell him about this ruling in California. I encouraged him to google the subject. We both agreed that the GB could not ignore court settlements and payouts much longer. By all appearances, he is a very loyal R&F JW. However, he said to me that he thinks alot of people are getting concerned with recent developments in the organization.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Oublie,

They'd never even know because they are indoctrinated to ignore any negative information about their precious little religion.

That may be true about some super indoctrinated core but many will have to face the facts that the Governing Body are a bunch of fools once we start getting the GB to take the witness stand in these cases.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

Active JWs are devided on this issue. Three very close to me are ready to let their book bags start collecting dust over it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

helpmeout - "...he said to me that he thinks alot of people are getting concerned with recent developments in the organization."

Well, that's what happens when a pot starts to finally boil over...

x

...it simply can't be ignored indefinately.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Frankie, some 7 million JWs say I'm right.

Hey, I'd rather be wrong. I have two children still stuck in this cult!

No doubt some will wake up over this, but I doubt it will be the majority.

Again, I hope I'm wrong about this and will be the first to admit it if I am. I just don't see it.

Very few JWs know about the UN/NGO debacle and that got pretty broad press at the time.

I've asked a few JWs about Candace Conti and the majority never even heard of her or the $27 million judgement against the WTBTS.

Look how huge the Catholic church scandal was over their pedophile problem. How many Catholics left the religion over it? Not many.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

The sex abuse issue will be the catalyst for mass exit unless marked changes are implemented in current JW policy. It's the only issue current active JWs are willing to discuss/argue amongst themselves.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Right now this is the way the situation stands with the 7 mill but we have no way to know for sure they are all being good little dubs and ignoring all the news about the WT. And when the shit finally hit the fans and one of these ignoramuses takes the stand and gets torn to shreds I'm sure this will in time shake a substantial amount of curious JW out of the organization small dribs and drabs at first but eventually become ranging torrent streaming away from this fraudulant "God's Organization".

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

We can hope. Just got off the phone with a JW who has been in 30+ years. This was it for him. WHO is FOR child molestation..........only child molesters.

How many Millerites, Quakers, have we met recently?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit