San Francisco Giants vs. Kansas City Royals - World Series Winners ?

by flipper 92 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The Cubs had to make sure they didn't get into the playoffs because a crew was standing by to tear down the bleachers.
    With our miserable weather, they wouldn't want to wait into late October to do this work.

Actual photo of Wrigley Field weeks after season ended.

A fan "waiting" 66 years or so has to learn from Red Sox and Cubs fans who have learned to wait longer. Personally, I gave up on the Cubs in 1984 and laughed at the whole Bartman-ball thing of 2003.

I am now a bandwagon baseball (or any sport) fan. I see who's there near the end and root for the one I want. GO KC ROYALS!

• flipper
    flipper

DESIROUS of CHANGE- Indeed I agree with you- the Royals HAVE been playing great ball the last few weeks. To go undefeated in the playoffs like they did against THOSE particular teams was freaking unbelievable. Giants will have their hands full for sure with Kansas City and the Giants starting pitchers BETTER keep a close eye on those fast jack rabbits at first base. So the idea is to keep them off the basepaths in the first place. I have a good feeling about the Giants being battle tested with 2 championships under their belt in the last 5 years and they are mentally tough too. Especially their manager Bruce Bochy- that is where I feel the Giants have an advantage over all their opponents.

SAFE AT HOME- Hang in there SAFE- I know your Indians will win one before you die. I thought the same about the Giants for a long time- now look at them. Keep your chin up. The Indians certainly did have a good shot against the Braves and Marlins - it will happen again sometime. Yeah, it's interesting listening to various sports talk radio shows- depending what part of the country or who is running the station or shows- they can be so biased. Should be a great series !

SKINNED SHEEP- I'll go for that ! Giants in 6 , I like it.

ON THE WAY OUT- Cubs are already breaking their bleachers down ? Weird. Guess they don't want to wait for the arctic winters that have been blowing through like last year

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Thanks flipper. I suppose there's always next year, which is the official motto of the Cleveland Indians. At least tomorrow evening at 8 PM I will be in front of my television watching the game. Years back I would have been at the ever important book study that doesn't seem so important anymore since they did away with it.

• flipper
    flipper

SAFE at HOME- For sure I really agree with you- staying at home watching the World Series is MUCH more preferable than those mind numbing meetings we used to attend ! Amen to that my friend. Enjoy the series ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I'm pulling for the Royals, just because I enjoy seeing a small market team with a low payroll upset the balance of things. I'm also rooting for Ned Yost. I wish the Brewers had never gotten rid of him.

But either way, at least I don't have to suffer through the Cardinals winning another series.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

OTWO: First lights and night games, now no bleachers for the bums to sit in? What's becoming of Wrigley Field?

The Giants are showing their mettle so far in game #1!

• tinker
    tinker

I have to route for the Royals! TAKE THE CROWN! My brother was a scout for KC for over 30yrs. He was instrumental in signing George Bret back in the 80's and wore a 1985 World Series ring. Have to admit I do not follow baseball closely but those last playoffs games were really fun to watch. The boys really had some terrific plays.

Looks like tonights game goes to SF but we have 6 more Take The Crown!

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Giants made the first game look easy :)

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

So much for Royals in 4.

GLTirebiter, they are putting new, better (more expensive) seats back when they finish their remodel.

• Laika
    Laika

I know very little about baseball, but I hope the Royals will manage to win!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit