San Francisco Giants vs. Kansas City Royals - World Series Winners ?

by flipper 92 Replies latest jw friends

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Well that game sucked. Couldn't watch past first few innings. Hope the rest is more exciting. At least flipper is happy!

• flipper
    flipper

Well, well - it looks like we definitely have a REAL World Series after all after game # 2. Wow. I tip my hat to the Royals for coming out with a vengeance to even the series at one game apiece and that's exactly what they did. We had Mad-Bum pitching the first game but although Peavy is a good pitcher- he's no Bumgarner. That being said I felt that Bochy ( that great manager I was boasting about ) really jumped the gun by pulling Jake Peavy too early in my opinion . I mean the game was tied at 2-2 still why not let Peavy work his way out of it ? His pitch count at the time was only in the low to mid 60's in the what ? 5th inning, 6th inning ? Whatever it was - then- to bring into the game Machi & Strickland who both had given up home runs galore throughout the playoffs ? I did NOT get that reasoning by Bochy. Why didn't Bochy bring in Affeldt or Javier Lopez in the 6th inning ? I very much doubt we would have seen the Kansas City explosion of 5 runs in microseconds if Bochy had brought the BETTER relief pitchers in . Maybe he's sabing them more for the 3 games in San Francisco. Whatever. Kind of " peeved " me that Bochy didn't leave Peavy in.

We know now that it's gonna be a very interesting World Series for suure- quite competitive ! I welcome any other thoughts and observations you folks have ! Bring on Game # 3 ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I'm a Baltimore Orioles fan, but I have to say that the Royals just plain out-played us for the division title. I would love to see them win now. I was shocked that Cain missed a catch last night. It bounced right off of his glove! He was one of the reasons that Baltimore couldn't get enough runs.

KC is just a team that has gelled and is working really well with each other right now. They've seemed very nervous in comparison to the Giants' cool, but they are gaining confidence. I would love to see them win.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

but although Peavy is a good pitcher- he's no Bumgarner.

He was a few years ago before age and injuries caught up with him.

• zed revisited
    zed revisited

Flipper,

I am still a Cub fan. We just have to wait for "overlapping generations" to get our World Series win.

Until then I will root for the Giants again. I hope Lincecum didn't have a bad injury.

zed

• designs
    designs

Now its a great Series

• Laika
    Laika

Good to see the Royals improve! It is a shame the timing to watch this is not good for me.

I was in Cali last week, chose the wrong week maybe...

• El_Guapo
    El_Guapo

Go Giants! #Orangeoctober

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

they are putting new, better (more expensive) seats back when they finish their remodel.

Yes, that's the problem. Expensive deluxe seats are replacing the bleachers, where kids and working stiffs could afford the price of a ticket. No more bleachers means no home for the bleacher bums!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I don't think the Series will be won in San Francisco.

It's gonna be at least 6 games.

I may be wrong, but even if I am I an still claim that God told me so.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit