San Francisco Giants vs. Kansas City Royals - World Series Winners ?

by flipper 92 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

You definitely got THAT right Desirous of Change- now I'm HOPING the series will go back to Kansas City for 6 games ! LOL. Once again I give credit where credit's due- that crazy Royals bullpen is lights out , we couldn't do crap against a couple of those guys. Although we touched up the first reliever who was wild, and our bullpen pitched stellar to keep us in the game- scoring only 2 runs in 2 consecutive games isn't gonna cut it against this Royals team. The Giants need to come out tonight and play like their ass is on fire and strike hard and strike EARLY against the Royals starting pitching before that Royals bullpen takes over in the 6th inning. That way if the Giants get a big enough lead- the Royals won't put the best relievers in - and the Giants will have a slightly easier time scoring runs. That- and Vogelsong our starting pitcher HAS to be on his game tonight - if not - we may see Petit our long great middle reliever come in early. Any other observations by Kansas City and Giants fans ? Feel free to share

• flipper
    flipper

A little less than 3 hours until game time ! Time to rumble comin' up ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Gregor
    Gregor

This is a big mess. WTF?

Flip - PM

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Your faith in Vogelsong was all for naught! HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

DD

• Gregor
    Gregor

Vogelsong should be selling insurance or real estate. That was a disaster. Then he cried in the dugout? There's no crying in baseball!

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

This game is stressing me out!! Go Giants!!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Wow, what a game, Giants come back strong.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

These are fun games to watch. Very good World Series.

• zed revisited
    zed revisited

What a come back! 10 unanswered runs to win 11-4.

zed

• flipper
    flipper

Well, well ! When it's all said and done this World series is TIED up at 2 games apiece. I don't blame Vogelsong for crying- I mean - it may be his last hurrah in a Giants uniform as he's only signed through this year and he IS 37 years old, he may not be back next year. I feel he felt badly over letting his teamates down by missing first base with his foot. I felt really bad for him- he melted into a pool of nerves and jelly after that play. He did GREAT for us in the 2012 World Series, but like Tim Hudson who is 39 yrs.old it may be Vogy's time to hang up the spikes.

But never fear- Bochy KNEW he had another bullet in his cartridge with Petit coming in to pitch and he saved our ass again just like he did by pitching 6 innings of one hit shutout ball in the 18 inning overtime game against Washington in the playoffs ! For those of you in the east time zone or midwest time zones- Petit was the # 5 starting pitcher they brought in in August to take Tim Lincecum's spot in the starting rotation as Tim had about 5 really bad starts in which his mechanics got totally screwed up and he gave up multiple home runs. Even though Lincecum threw a no-hitter in JUly by August he had lost his stuff and was throwing fat pitches to the plate. Giants HAD to do something. So in walks Petit who proceeded to break a major league record by retiring 46 or more straight batters in a game and a half of relief appearances and starts . Incredible. The guy is lights out, glad we have him.

As for the Giants explosive bats- praise Jesus- they finally came alive ! In a big way. As you noted on the Fox video show a lot of these Giants hitters do better when they swing SQUARELY on the ball and try to DRIVE the ball somewhere instead of trying to uppercut under the ball to hit it out. I feel lots of the Giants hitters were trying to do that in game # 3 that they lost- thus accounting for all of the pop flys. Especially in the S.F. ballpark where we have the proverbial " Death Valley " in deep right field the way the fly balls just die even ones hit at 410 feet sometimes - get caught. WE saw that a COUPLE of times with Royals hitters hitting it out to Pence or Blanco and they'd get caught. In most other ballparks those balls would be home runs. Lucky us for having this ballpark.

Another thing is with all the talk about the " Kansas City Big 3 " of relief pitchers ( and granted they ARE great and tough ) the Giants have their own 4 headed relief pitching monsters in Affeldt, Lopez, Romo, and Casilla to take over games in inning # 6,7, 8, & 9 so as to cover any loose cannon situations. These guys have been battle tested in the World Series championships of 2010 and 2012 and they are still just as good and vital as they were then. Romo coughs up a little if he tries to throw his 85 mile per hour fastball- he gets hammered - so the Giants try to keep him throwing that slider he has ( which IS the best in baseball ) and he'll be fine.

So let Game 5 begin ! I have lots of confidence with Bumgarner pitching tonight. WE shall see what happens ! Enjoy the game ! Feel free to add any takes or comments folks ! Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit