San Francisco Giants vs. Kansas City Royals - World Series Winners ?

by flipper 92 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Interesting predictions ! Thanks for sharing. I know the Giants only played the Royals two times this year and they beat us both games. Anybody here follow the Royals much and know more about them, their tendencies ? The Giants have had a rough year with injuries - but they overcame them and plugged the holes in the lineups with really good replacements- especially rookie Joe Panik at 2nd base. Jake Peavy has been great as a starting pitcher taking Matt Cain's place due to a year ending injury to Cain. I'm curious about the Royals as I don't know much about their team. Any info to share ? Any more predictions on what we may expect in this series ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Go Giants! I have to root for the home team.

• flipper
    flipper

LISA - Right on ! Another California fan speaks out ! Cool. I'm hoping they'll do good. I have a lot of confidence in them. Bumgarner pitches the first game. In Bochy & Bumgarner I trust

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

I'm from Northeast Ohio so I am, unfortunately a Cleveland fan. Being in the Central Division we play the Royals a lot. That being said, of course during the regular season I hate the Royals! But I hate Detroit more (believe me, they are the rudest fans), so I have to say I am rooting for the Royals one,because they can prove to the Tigers that someone in our division other than Detroit can win the series, two, because they haven't won in so long and the Giants seem to always be winning, and three, because George Brett is still hot in his 60's! Shallow reasons, I know, but us Cleveland fans have to root for the under dog. I do think it's awesome that 2 wild card teams are in the series. Last time that happened was 2002, and one of those teams was also the Giants., who I believe beat the Angels. The Royals are playing better than ever and they will have home field advantage.

• flipper
    flipper

SAFE AT HOME- Ah yes, I remember the good old George Brett days of the mid 1980's Royals teams. That team WAS really good. They had a lot of speed like this Royals team and a guy in George Brett who had power and could also hit .390 during the seaon . Sorry to hear you've been a long suffering Cleveland Indians fan for years. Didn't they make one world series in the 1990's against the Atlanta Braves ? Been so long I can't remember. I know they played San Francisco in 1954 in the World Series- but I wasn't even born yet. I remember when the Giants played Anaheim in the World Series in 2002. Anaheim beat us in 7 games. I'm hoping for a different result this year ! LOL. Thanks for your predictions

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I don't really believe "Royals in 4." I was hoping to set off Flipper. I liked how he didn't comment at all on it.

• flipper
    flipper

ON THE WAY OUT- Hey buddy, it's cool. LOL. I know you were joking ! I know how frustrating it is for you and my good buddy ZED is DEAD to be Chicago Cubs fans. LOL. I waited from 1954 until 2010 for the Giants to finally win a World Series - I do hope for Chicago Cubs fans sake that they will win a World Series before " Armageddon ". Well- I know they will because " Armageddon " is an unreality. LOL. Take care ! Have a great day ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The Royals have played some unbelievable baseball the past 3 weeks. Some of the most exciting games I've ever watched.

Wildcard game in 13 innings. Sweeping the LA Angels (who had the most wins for the season).

Giants vs Cardinals had some cliff hangers too.

I think the Royals are the team to beat. Lots of momentum there.

Doc

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Listening to NPR this morning, not exactly the place to go for sports. Anyway, the guy kept saying the Royals were incredibly lucky to win all those playoff games, luck went their way, blah blah, and dont forget they are a wild card. Well, geez, so are the friggin Giants numbskull! See why you shouldnt go to NPR for sports. Yes, the Tribe last won the series in 1948, 2 years before I was here, got beat by the Giants in 1954, got beat by the Braves in 1995 and lost a heartbreaker to the Marlins in 1997, thanks to a blown save by Jose Mesa, whose name is still sh** in Cleveland. Man, so close, should have had that one. You have to be tough to be a Cleveland sports fan.

I tell my family that when I die, probably sometime in the next 30 years, they can put on my marker "I told you they wouldnt win in my lifetime" then have a little Wahoo next to it.

• Skinnedsheep
    Skinnedsheep

Giants win in game 6

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit