PEER PRESSURE!!! I gave in to Pioneering during August...I feel dirty...

by stuckinarut2 90 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

good response syntaxerror1974! I forgot about that convention demo!

I was ready to say something very much like that if he did ask...."damn google...opened up the wrong page....."

It was good that the part being discussed on the meeting was all about going to the website...so it wasnt out of place to be searching online at the time.

I can just say that I was focussing on the sound controls and didnt see the wrong site open!...closed it "right away..tool of satan...blah blah..."

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Here's an idea-- spend the hours you count anti witnessing toward your pioneer hours!

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

i always thought it was pathetic and ignorant to read peoples names of the platform when they 'signed up'

talk about bragging and boasting, and getting brownie points. akkk

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I agree so what now!

It is such a"look at me...give me credit" thing to have the names read out!

I might actually ask for my name to NOT be read out, as I don't want credit for my pioneering....hehe this may rock the boat?

Ican say, "well I don't need acknowledgement to do it blah blah..."

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The Eldumbs are after me to go in service. Granted, the ones asking are nice, but it would break my streak of non-service. Then again, going may get them off my back because this is such an uber-cult event. Then again, they may try the bait and switch. "Hey DD, let's go in field-circus!" Translation: TWO ELDERS AND DD IN A CAR...

There is no way in hell that they would ever manipulate me into incriminating myself, but I just don't want the hassle. IF I go out in August, it will be with my family. I have to think about things for a bit. I hope this cult is destroyed soon.

DD

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I like Joe's idea to be short on your time. Explosive diarrhea is a good reason to not go out.

• bigmac
    bigmac

i take a different view.

by all means pioneer in august--or any month for that matter. dont cheat--really make every minute count door knocking and witnessing to as many people as possible. report your hours accurately.

i guarantee it will make your fade so much faster.

• ProfCNJ
    ProfCNJ

You were given a wonderful privilege. Make the most of it dear brother. Think that everything happens for a good reason. Put that time to good use, finding time to witness to our Lord Jesus Christ as well. No need to blame yourself or anybody nor regret that decision. Let the Spirit flow upon you.

• Listener
    Listener

If you are willing to sign up to pioneer, imagine how many other JWs are signing up that don't really want to do it either. It makes a joke of the whole arrangement and the numbers are meaningless. Which is really interesting because the org. loves to say that they only count active publishers when giving a count of how many people are 'in' their religion, therefore their numbers are genuine followers unlike the many other religions.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

True point listener!

i know of several still in believers in our cong that signed up to pioneer only out of guilt and a feeling of obligation!

so then it has to be asked, does their service count if it was done grudgingly and under compulsion?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit