PEER PRESSURE!!! I gave in to Pioneering during August...I feel dirty...

by stuckinarut2 90 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

You might be able to use this to your advantage. Don't get the 30 hours, then noticably cut back your meeting attendance/commenting/service time starting in september. When confronted about it, say that you were stumbled by all the peer pressure to pioneer. You had prayerfully considered your circumstances, as well as applicable scriptures (Matt. 5:33,34; James 5:12; Numbers 30:2; Deut. 23:21; Ecclesiastes 5:4) and had determined that it would be best not to commit to something that you would be unable to carry out. Then, the oppressive peer pressure upon you made you violate your conscience, and eventually sin against Jehovah in being unable to carry out your promise to him.

You could even use it as an excuse to step down as an MS, because you now feel like a hypocrit, and you feel that you no longer qualify after sinning in such a serious way, allowing yourself to make a vow to Jehovah that you knew in advance that you would not be able to perform.

Good luck, buddy.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Look at it this way; you will be going out and encouraging "worldy" people to look up the Watch Tower on the internet. You don't reallly think that most of them will just check jw.org, do you?

• Mum
    Mum

Maybe you could slip a small piece of paper inside the tract with JWFacts' web address.

Otherwise, take your time, walk slowly between houses, sit and chew the fat with householders about non-JW stuff, take frequent breaks, take along something to amuse yourself, and write a journal about your experiences. Then share all the info with us. I hope it's fun and interesting.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Quarterback & stuckinarut2 - I like the assignment jam gave you. Let us know what it's like in the field now. What are the reactions at the doors, etc.?

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

My best suggestion is: Just don't do it!!!! Tell them you were standing on a sreet corner handing out invitations, or going to various laundry mats to place brouchures. Just use your imagination and make up some story to tell them. Or you can say you were stumbled by the pressure to Pioneer and got depressed. Why even waste your time going out in service in August? It's all a total crock anyway. After August just attend 3 meetings for a few months, then 2 meetings a month, then 1 meeting per month. After about 6 to 8 months you can stop going completely. If anyone asks you why you are missing meetings, simply say: 'It's really not something I can discuss, except with Jehovah'. That ought to do it. Good luck!!

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Aww don't feel so bad. Like Simon said you can "encourage" us online. Eat a few donuts, get a few Starbucks. If you want to visit you can encourage 3rd gen and I over a few beers and burgers.....and even count the time traveling to our place.....

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Make sure you take long coffee and donut breaks, place lots of free literature(in the garbage) and don't give the WT one red cent, and start your time early before actually going out by posting on JWN.

Fudge your hours and RV, and try to spread doubt to fellow door knockers in crafty ways so as not to get caught.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

The question you need to ask yourself is: when will I make a stand? When will the circumstances be "right"?

My reaction is that you will never leave until you are ready to stand up and be noticed and not just fall into line with the slightest push.

Grow a pair and man up.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Anyway, think of it as a game.

I faded successfully over 40 years ago by making a conscious decision to beat them at their own "game." Their "game" was immoral, coercive, and evil. I felt no guilt in saying whatever I had to in order to combat their immoral purposes.

Turn in "time" according to what they want to see.

Then plan your exit, even if it takes you ten years.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Ah. Just show up for the morning group, claim to have a couple calls to do, and head out for your 10:30 tee time at your favourite course. August is too nice to waste sweating into your suit clothes knocking on doors and bothering people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit