Something Big is Coming...

by notsurewheretogo 152 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

According to one poster here his CO said it was something that would SHOCK the sheeples.

I think it is either the blood or partaking.

HB

• Listener
    Listener

Here's a quote from the September 2014 WT where they are using the preaching work to demonstrate that they have the Truth. Are there any hints here for possible changes?

, 8. What initiative has Jehovah’s organization taken? (See opening image.)

7 During the modern-day history of Jehovah’s Witnesses, those taking the lead have zealously promoted the preaching and teaching of the good news around the world. Today, almost eight million zealous Witnesses are doing their utmost to spread Christ’s message in well over 600 languages, with more to come! Jehovah’s Witnesses are clearly identified by their house-to-house ministry and by their preaching on the streets, sometimes using display tables and mobile literature carts.

8 More than 2,900 translators have received specialized training to translate the Bible and Bible literature. Their work is certainly not limited to what might be considered major languages. Their efforts include hundreds of languages that are not widely known but that are, nevertheless, spoken by millions of people. For example, in Spain millions of Catalonians speak their native language, Catalan, on a daily basis. In recent times especially, there has been a resurgence of Catalan and its variations in Andorra, Alicante, the Balearic Islands, and Valencia. Jehovah’s Witnesses now produce Bible literature in Catalan, and Christian meetings are being held in the language that warms the hearts of the Catalonian people.

The next few paragraphs rattle on about the translation work. When they reduced the size of the magazines their reasoning was because they would then be able to translate them into more languages.

They make this statement - "doing their utmost to spread Christ’s message in well over 600 languages, with more to come!". Notice their exclamation mark. For some reason they are focusing on their translation work but it is puzzlying as to why they would close so many branches.

Jehovah’s Witnesses are clearly identified by their house-to-house ministry and by their preaching on the streets, sometimes using display tables and mobile literature carts.

One would think that they always had display tables and literature carts but this statement also shows that the focus is being taken off the house to house work.

• Pterist
    Pterist

The changes maybe due to the new branding JW.org and the ongoing audits to their "charitable" NPO status. It may be a contingency plan that if they need to dissolve the WBTS NPO temporary or otherwise, resulting in all KHs locked down, loyality to the local elders would be the order of the day. They already have the r& f primed for the boogeyman "Assyrian" attack, and pledged financial support to them directly. Just a thought.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Yeap, something big!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

On-line witnessing for sure.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Anthony Morris the Turd sex tape.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

The translation work was highlighted by a foreign language overseer in a very recent talk to an English speaking congregation in the Mediterranean.

He said that it is currently around 600 languages and they want 1000 by September. This will never happen in the timeframe but I think there is something in the multi-lingual side of things. I think they (a) may relate it to bible prophecy and use it as a way to get out of 1 billion people not having any meaningful access to the D2D/cart preaching work, (b) want ever bigger numbers to compare to wikipedia and google language numbers and (c) try and reach more peoiple via the website

• prologos
    prologos

konsceptual:---They mention " low german" in the 9/15 2014 wt. page 9. you scratch your head : "platt duetsch"? a dialect spoken in the northern coastal low lands of central Europe, not a written lamguage? made into printed, READABLE word by WT Inc, org? then--

turn the page , 10 : they are trying to reach the expat german communities, hutterites, mennonites, anabaptists, whoever,-- that carried their ancient dialects into exile.

WT is creating, giving text to these 1000 languages.

suggestion: Chaucer era english wt publications? for the connoisseurs?

• bohm
    bohm

My predictions:

1) Old teaching from the 50s about a minor event for a minor character in the old testament is qualified with a "possibly".

2) New font on the website.

3) Videos on jw.org will be available in higher resolution.

4) One part of the weekend meeting will be 5 minutes longer, another 5 minutes shorter.

5) Minor lyrics change in kingdom melody 117.

These changes usually turn out to be something minor and silly to get people worked up...

• Zoos
    Zoos

Hamsterbait: I think it is either the blood or partaking.

That would be awesome.

For a few weeks after I disassociated my mother would still talk on the phone with me... briefly. Then one day I sent her a letter inviting her to join me in my home to commemorate the Lord's meal where we would also partake. That's when she went full shun and I haven't seen nor spoken with her since.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit