Something Big is Coming...

by notsurewheretogo 152 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

metatron - " They could even manage getting rid of DF'ing, if they had to..."

I dunno.

Something tells me that if they did that (I assume you're actually talking about shunning), we'd see a significant drop in membership at a rate the WTS couldn't handle.

• metatron
    metatron

I'm thinking about DF'ing as an explicit process. They could dump JC's and announcements and most record keeping and still shun people ( nudge, nudge, wink, wink style).

metatron

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Whatever is announced, it will be a reduction of some sort related to their works programme. The last few years they've been busily slashing this and reducing that - reducing the number of meetings, reducing the length of the meetings, reducing the number of hours needed to be a pioneer and publisher, reducing the number of pages in the magazines, etc, etc.

It just seems so obvious that they need to stop publishing two public magazines a month and combine the Awake and Watchtower into one.

So, with the current emphasis on rebranding and apparent desire to dump the old 'Watchtower' logo (an archaic, almost medieval word related to castles and invading armies. Apart from the Jimi Hendrix song young modern people don't know what the feck a 'watchtower' is), I predict they will announce that the public edition of the Watchtower will no longer exist and there will only be the Awake magazine offered to the public (and tracts/brochures, etc).

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

yadda yadda 2 - "It just seems so obvious that they need to stop publishing two public magazines a month and combine the Awake and Watchtower into one"

JW.org: print edition, with seperate versions for the public and the R&F.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I could definitely see them combining the Awake and Public watchtower into a jw.org magazine. The Study edition of the WT would continue to be published.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Heck, they can stop printing the study version. Make the R & F print it out on their own, or load on to their spirit-approved iPads.

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

They are already pushing publishers to download everything they need if they have what's needed to do it with!

My wifes aunt is always the very first in line to order anything new, except stuff for the blind! She's had internet service for years now, kniws how to download and use everything jw related, but was still getting the mags on cd's and everything else offered. It made her MAD, after an elder found out she knew how to do and use it all, and he told her to stop ordering all that stuff! She is a HORDER, my wife and her mom, have to go over and dig her place out every few years to keep her from getting kicked out! The last time, they found 15 new bibles never opened, and five new delux bibles. She now has to check with an elder before ordering anything! She is also a TIGHT WAD, so most likely, never gave a dime in return!

Dwain

• jgnat
    jgnat

Lol the WTS is a perfect stooge for miserly hoarders!

• goingthruthemotions
  • awakenyr2004
    awakenyr2004

marked

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit