Something Big is Coming...

by notsurewheretogo 152 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

With the August campaign to promote jw.org I wonder if they are going to rethink their main methods of the ministry...less door to door work? Less printing and placing of mags but redirect to the website?

The reminders in the last WT quote seems to suggest it is to do with the way they organise and do their work...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It'll be underwhelming whatever it is.

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

Thats what she said..

• Fernando
    Fernando

The Watchtower Sanhedrin has repeatedly been put on notice of their corruption, but believe firmly that the dumb sheeple have nowhere else to go.

First up, there are many better places.

Secondly, it is not "where else" but "whom else".

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

The 144,000 only going to heaven doctrine is very deeply rooted in the JW religion. I just don't see how the GB could toss that belief after all these years and anyone remaining believe anything they say afterwards. Of course, this new GB put out "over-lapping" generation.

AlphaMan ...

The "Generation that saw 1914" was also deeply rooted in JW land. These long-held beliefs don't get reversed or changed overnight. It simply requires articles over time that begin to put doubt in it as originally thought.

Just saying somthing like "the 144,000 has been a literal number but of course we will have to wait and see .... blah blah blah".

The "doubt" could be introduced over a number of years and then the sheeple convince themselves that the current understanding at that time is the way it has always been.

Rub a Dub

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

This is a bit 'far out'...

I wonder if they will suggest the 'gathering' of annointed ones has started; technically there's nothing to say how or how long it will take for the annointed to be 'gathered' into heaven. This gathering is the precursor to the full borg invasion. It may be releaved that the gathering into heaven started in 1975 for example(invisibly of course).

Perhaps they are not raptured, just raised after shuffling of this mortal coil!

Surely they will soon want to demonstrate a move towards the big day... as nothing has 'happened' since 1919 when JC chose them. They need a step, they need to show progress, they need a reason for delay.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

GRADUALISM. I can see them telling JW "domestics" that they are to partake under the new covenant, but that they are still subservient to the literal 144,000. It would be a HUGE encouragement to the sheeple. The would feel super special and speak of this event in hushed and reverent tones. The sheeple have become so docile that the GB could do ANYTHING and it would be considered the word of Jeehobo.

DD

• Splash
    Splash

M*A*S*H

This is a bit 'far out'...

I wonder if they will suggest the 'gathering' of annointed ones has started; technically there's nothing to say how or how long it will take for the annointed to be 'gathered' into heaven. This gathering is the precursor to the full borg invasion. It may be releaved that the gathering into heaven started in 1975 for example(invisibly of course).

Perhaps they are not raptured, just raised after shuffling of this mortal coil!

Not at all 'far out', in fact it is a current teaching!

*** w89 4/1 p. 15 par. 19 Hear What the Spirit Says to the Congregations ***
    "Evidently, with the presence of Christ now a reality, the heavenly resurrection has begun."

Splash

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

@Splash

Just read w07 1/1 “The First Resurrection”—Now Under Way!

I'm not thinking clearly... I think I always knew the 'annointed' where being resurrected to heaven after death from my days as a dub. Probably getting confused with all the "rapture\gathering" talk lately. Prehaps they are going to gather them all together in RL and create a new country Jehovahstan. (I suppose at least then we could invade).

Thanks for the catch.

• sir82
    sir82

Whatever it is, I'll bet it will require lots and lots of donations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit