Something Big is Coming...

by notsurewheretogo 152 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

The Annual Meeting of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses will be in October 2014.

In November 2013, just after the last one they published this now famous statement in the 15th of November 2013 Watchtower Page 16 Paragraph 17 says:

"At that time, the lifesaving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not."

Then, in the 15th of May 2014 Watchtower Page 29 Paragraph 15 it says:

"If we are to have Jehovah’s favor and blessing as individuals, we must support his organization and accept adjustments in our understanding of the Scriptures."

And now, after reading the newly released 15th of October 2014 Watchtower I read this on page 24 paragraph 8:

"Faithful servants of Jehovah have always been eager to submit to theocratic direction. (Read Hebrews 13:7, 17.) We may initially lack full understanding of the reasons for carrying out our assigned work in a particular way. Nevertheless, we are fully aware of the benefits of cooperating with Jehovah in any adjustments that he sees fit to make."
    That magazine will be studied in December 2014, a few months after the October Annual Meeting of the Governing Body where they normally announce any "adjustments" or "new light".

Taking all three points that I have quoted it would seem to suggest there is going to be a big doctrinal change soon and they are laying the groundwork for it to be accepted by the average JW.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

They must know deep down that the 100 years of nothing very much happening wont go unnoticed by many and that a tide of doubt will be coming.

What they have planned to avert the fallout will be interesting in a slow motion car crash kind of way.

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

I agree. Something is looming. My circuit overseer hinted at it. Its kinda scary.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I doubt it. Not in the real world anyway.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Ah yes I should have changed my title to say that Something Big Is Coming to the JW Universe but in the real world...nothing!

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

144000 to become symbolic. 2014 to pass with nothing happening. More need for money.

• galaxie
    galaxie

You can be ultra sure whatever it is will be a big pile of B....SH..T.!!!!!!

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

They are just reminders to the sheeple that they must obey without question - the impression that something will happen is deliberate but does not mean they actually think something really will happen, they have been making people believe something will happen imminently (and you need to obey no matter what) for over 100 years

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

They could be laying the ground work for an even more passive approach to the ministry. If they lose the CONTI case, the ramafications could be widespread. There could be some " LISTEN, OBEY, DUCK AND COVER, DONATE, HELP US HIDE OUR ASSETS, and be blessed" commandments...er...suggestions.

DD

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Governing Body hyping something big coming to the dubs? LOL Wash, rinse & repeat, same ole same ole, etc. There are some major JW doctrines that if changed would really show this religion to be false. Anyone who would stay after certain changes is just a braindead JW drone who loves the JW lifestyle of worshipping the organization.

IMO....the major doctrines they cannot touch is.

1) Jehovah is their God, Jesus is Son of God, no Trinity.

2) No hell fire suffering for wicked.

3) No immortal soul.

4. Paradise earth for humans.

5. Only 144,000 going to heaven.

The 144,000 only going to heaven doctrine is very deeply rooted in the JW religion. I just don't see how the GB could toss that belief after all these years and anyone remaining believe anything they say afterwards. Of course, this new GB put out "over-lapping" generation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit