Something Big is Coming...

by notsurewheretogo 152 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• millie210
    millie210

What if the "change" is that more and more things will be broadcast instead of happening live?

also, for years we have heard rumors of seeing less of C.O.s and they have flat out gotten rid of D.O.s, so what if the big change is that we will have local brothers serving as C.O.s?

Another change they need to make (so this probably wont happen...) is to remove all judicial responsibilities from local elders and have a centralized group of well trained elders handle everything. That would be all they did. Just like regular courts.

They could use the elders already on the appeal committees list.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Guys blood is off the table. Seriously.

They already changed the policy in the back room, to make sure nobody is shunned for it, but it is still enforceable (just see the story of Daniel 1555 here).

I think the resulting purge would be catostrophic. Legally and otherwise, it simply could not be explained away. Blood.......not happening.

Perhaps changing the laws regarding family members and disfellowshipped ones. Now THAT I see happening. Its bad press, nobody gets it, it is responsible for some of the weirest strangest things being followed (that 55 year old man was disfellowshipped when he was 15 so I can't talk to him at his brothers funeral, yadda yadda).

I stand by the removal of the magazine name Watchtower in favor of JW.org with a new header, and/or changing in how shunning is carried out within families. Maybe not even those.

I am pretty sure if it was common knowledge among CO's, we would have already gotten wind of it. Haha.

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

Something big has been coming for almost 3000 years of our recorded history. I will take my chances.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

The only thing we can be 100% sure of is that any big announcements/new light at this AGM will be first and foremost strategically designed to:

1. Keep the $$$$ coming in

2. Reduce membership and statistics dropping

3. Cover their legal asses.

• This is my tigersuit
    This is my tigersuit

at regional conv bro lett said we need to stay faithful to the blood thing. i do think its on its way out tho. he also said the d2d has been and "will continue to be our main preaching method"

although they can and do change things whenever the feel like it....but ya know...the light gets brighter.....

tell that to the friends in malawi or who rotted in a prison for refusing alternative service! but i digress...sorry for the small rant

• Gregor
    Gregor

Re-read the watchmaker quotes fom the opening post again.

It is irrelevant what new light may be introduced. The message is "you will accept it".

They are reminding you of your vulnerability to disfellowshipping.

They smile in your face as they explain their changes with the butt of a gun showing under their polyester suit coat.

The r and f understand perfectly.

• This is my tigersuit
    This is my tigersuit

ha! good one gregor. step away from the independent thinking...and nobody gets hurt...

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Yeah, somthing is coming. It's called "THE BIG NOTHING" or sometimes "THE BIG BALONEY." You're gonna love it.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"No more pioneers and missionaries (let the internet reach the people)"

Because the growth mainly is in the third world countires, and because the WT itself stated that 1/3 of the world's population has access to Internet - meaning that 2/3 don't - AND because groth therefore mainly is taking place in the countries and groups that do NOT have access, THEN the assumption quoted is a No-No.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I know, they are going to bottle air, label it "Holy Spirit" and pass it out at RCs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit