Something Big is Coming...

by notsurewheretogo 152 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

That which is crooked cannot be made straight. Staying away from tight pants does seem to help.

DD

• Justnowout
    Justnowout

Why does everyone assume it would be some huge change in doctrine that would be perceived as "relaxing" or making the religion more appealing? This GB seems intent on making things harder and making the load heavy. I predict any changes will be more asine, make the weight more oppresive and tighten things on dubbies.

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

In November 2013, just after the last one they published this now famous statement in the 15th of November 2013 Watchtower Page 16 Paragraph 17 says:

"At that time, the lifesaving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not."

This state was the start of the end for me to have any involvment with this CULT/BORG....These people want you as a person to relinquish all reasoning capability and become a zombie.

Like i told my wife..." I AM NOT A DRONE, IF YOU WANT TO BE A DRONE THAT UP TO YOU....BUT I AM NOT A DRONE."

Shalom.

GTTM

• Clambake
    Clambake

Maybe it is finally time for the big pot of poisoned Kool-aid. I have often wondered what % of dubs would actually do that.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I agree, the change would not seem to involve:

(1) 607 BC or 1914

(2) The two hope doctrine.

(3) Blood.

• warehouse
    warehouse

The feeling I get is that it will be a re-organization of how the field service is accomplished. A restructuring to eliminate certain aspects, with a new way of reporting/counting time, placements, bible studies and so-forth. Whether it will be tightening or a loosening of the reigns will certainly be a matter for discussion. Also, a large hardcover reference-style bible and the pocket/kids bible (with f-ing Caleb or some nonsense in the cover).

• Londo111
    Londo111

Maybe the COs will no longer be in the direct employ of the Watchtower…but kind of like special pioneers. And they’ll have to live off local charity to support them.

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

Changes to field service. I posted about it earlier this year...thought it would be released this summer, bad guesstimate. Look for changes announced at Annual Meeting broadcast; doubt it will be during the Branch meeting since this will only be for U.S. territory.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Calebs Airplane - "That's right... J-Dubs will be required to wear these after October 2, 2014...

I just got a really funny image in my head of dressing up as a Watchtower magazine...

x

...and going trick-or-treating on Halloween.

• metatron
    metatron

Long term, I see little choice on the matter of dumping the magazines online or changing the CO arrangement. It's about money and liability. I see changes in field service as long overdue - the only challenge is how to quantify it so as to keep Witlesses busy with something

If the organization lost net growth, it would not be as big a deal as some think. They just would stop publishing all statistics for the world and then publish only those that look good.

There are all sorts of radical changes they can get away with because they can count on Witlesses being uncritical thinkers. They are eager to delude themselves and take no notice of obvious problems - kids leaving, lack of elders, reductions in magazines and literature, layoffs of Bethelites, elimination of DO's........

These kinds of things would set off alarms in most businesses - but when do you ever hear Witnesses get concerned about them?

The GB is utterly free to do whatever they wish. They could even manage getting rid of DF'ing, if they had to and still keep their thralls hypnotized and uncomplaining. About the only thing they need to worry about is passive-aggressive behavior such as wallet closing and outright lying about lawbreaking. For our purposes, maybe that's enough.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit