Accusing Ex-JWs of Behaving Like JWs Should be Taboo

by cofty 447 Replies latest members private

• DisArmed
    DisArmed

Cofty,

Would you say that JWs as a group have no personality traits that set them aside from the general population?

• minimus
    minimus

DisArmed, post 9's question is a great one!

• cofty
    cofty

Sorry for the delay I have been out watering a tree nursery!

I think that vast majority of times that people on JWN play the "JW mindset" card - as miminus, outlaw, Talesin, VG and others love to - they are using a thoughtless and injurious insult. What's more, I am sure they are well aware that this is what they are doing despite all their protests.

I think there is a way of seeing the world that is ubiquitous among JWs but also among most cults and many evangelicals. It has not been mentioned in this thread. I promised to start a new thread on the topic but losingit insisted on starting it for me...

I don't want to distract from that thread but I look forward to writing down my thoughts on it later this week.

• minimus
    minimus

It's pretty simple. Some believe there is a JW mindset and some don't. Just because you or others think that something should be taboo, doesn't mean that everyone has to agree. We all have explained why we feel a certain way and it is what it is.

• cofty
    cofty

Just because you or others think that something should be taboo, doesn't mean that everyone has to agree.

Of course not, that's a given.

We all have explained why we feel a certain way

Do you mean by shouting really loudly and insulting me for refusing to back down?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"I think"that vast majority of times that people on JWN play the "JW mindset" card - "as miminus, outlaw, Talesin, VG and others love to "-

they are using a thoughtless and injurious insult. What's more, I am sure they are well aware that this is what they are doing despite all their protests.....Cofty

Making Unfounded Assumptions is Exactly what the WBT$ does..

You could also replace "I am Sure"..With "EVIDENTLY"..

You missed "Mentally Diseased" in your attempted "Character Assasination"..

What could be More like WBT$ JW Behavior,than Demonizing People for Not Agreeing with You?!..

LOL!!..

....................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• minimus
    minimus

yes, my character has been assassinated! Lol

• cofty
    cofty

So either you are aware you are using a thoughtless and injurious insult, or you're not aware depsite numerous people explaining to you in detail why it is out of order.

Which is it?

• cofty
    cofty

Demonizing People - Outlaw

Wow. You really do like a bit of melodrama don't you? That is pathetic.

• minimus
    minimus

When I have used the expression I did not consider it a thoughtless injurious insult at all. Sometimes the expression is in order . That's been my opinion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit