Atlanta Int Convention 2014:The Big Party. Does this look like WT believes Armageddon is coming "soon"?

by AndDontCallMeShirley 173 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Hey what would happen if somebody came wearing a suit and tie but had on a "Sparlock" pin and a lapel saying "I'm Sparlock's Best Friend and my name is:

and for congregation they put : Toys R Us 123ers Eat Shit You Dumb Ass Sparlock Haters

Would the attendance follow him around and could a group of apostate use that as a decoy to keep them busy tailing these "Sparlock" the Wizzard toy fanatics while they storm the GB with banners and what not?

Sort of a lesson from Sparlock to make Jehovah/The Corporation sad.

How about a bunch of rappers at the Atlanta Convention rapping things about haters and end of the world contemplaters.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

OK.....I actually watched the video..

It was more than just the JW Octoberfest Girls in the OP,"With NO BEER"..

..................................................................It was a..

....................WBT$ International Assembly/Atlanta Georgia Tourism Commercial..

.......................................................What Did We Learn??!!..

.....................................http://www.hittlandscape.com/images/logo-green.jpg

....................................Is Bringing Lots Of Money To Atlanta Georgia!!......http://www.sixscreensofthewatchtower.com/images/wtleaders2.JPG

..............................................Jesus Can Hop "Off Into the Sunset"..

...........................................................On His Pogo Stick!!

.................................................................................................. photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Looks like the old farts in Brooklyn took down the video...

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

The video was likely for congregations only. The organization will remove any material they haven't authorized for the public. trust me the video is 100% goverming body approved.

• Imminent1975
    Imminent1975

With all the crap the gb stirred up about micro managing weddings with their endless rules, especially ones at the Kingdom hall, not having the option to play worldly music at weddings and that you must, without question, play kingdom melodies for the wedding ceremony at kingdom hall,.... and I just watched a video of people dancing to the song "My Girl" in front of the stage in a Kingdom Hall? The same song that Tom Cruise sang in Top Gun at the bar trying to pick up a hottie?

Further, in the late 1980's early 1990's the GB squashed any get togethers because in one big city the host sent out faxes to advertise and charged admission. The end result after the GB putting a lead foot on every get together??? Softball games, Gone! Get togethers at individuals houses that personally invited the whole congregation? Gone. Nothing was acceptable unless you had under 12 people. Alcohol at any gathering would lead to a meeting with the elders.

From then on it was no congregation could have get togethers at all, and NOW THIS video? It appears Jw's are trying so hard to make themselves look like normal people.

Unfortuneately, for those of us that know the real story of demanding minimal education and that seeking the kingdom first means everything else is in last place including: family, jobs, and that secular responsibilities should not interfere with pedaling their literature from door to door for a minimum of 10 hours per month?

I am totally disgusted and agree with the other posts about the "Parade of homes" show houses they indicated that the delegates would be staying in. Total BS, and hypocrisy. I'm just disgusted.

• Imminent1975
    Imminent1975

I think the hookers in Atlanta advertise "The time of your life" for about $800.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

STOP AND CONSIDER THIS............................

SOMEONE IN GOOD STANDING HAD TO REPORT THIS TO WT HQ.

NO JW in good-standing should have known this video was featured here so prominently.

NO JW in good-standing should have even known it was posted here.

The WTS Big-Shots had to see this posted here to decide to remove it.

...................and you don't think they're a watching us here?..................

Doc

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

You make a good point, Desirious. This thread brought down a non-approved pro-jw video. How did they know it was talked about? Because this site is monitored "ever so closely."

This was not an insignificant event.

Way to go ADCMS! Keep in mind they are watching... You are no longer under the radar.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I should point out that YouTube shows you where your video is linked from. Any time a live link or embedded video from YT appears on a site, that site's URL will show up in the viewership data for the video owner.

I think that kneehighmiah is right and the video was intended for congregations to view at their Hall on the projection system. Therefore, it could simply have been caught by the Society the ways any infringing video is caught, and then issued a takedown request.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

For those who missed this link posted earlier, the video is here:

http://wiki.jw-archive.org/Atlanta%2C+Georgia+-+2014+Regional+Convention+Video+-+%27Time+of+Your+Life%27

I have never seen anything like this.

• the promotion of the various tourist attractions, celebrities, corporations, and sports in Atlanta. I mean if I didn't know better I would think the JWs LIKE the world now.
    • all the direction to OBEY explicitly stated at least 5 times over 10 minutes. (6 times, if you count the phrase 'follow direction')

(SO creepy, every time they say it. Especially the last time.)

• JWs with guitars, painting, dancing, singing in choirs, playing jazz and blues..practicing long hours?? WHAT?? In my day, we couldn't even have a tallent show!
    • 3:15 "The Convention and Visitiation Bureau is interentested in the economic impact felt by the city of Atlanta" ...oh so THAT is why they are promoting tourist attractions! The aquarium, the prison, CNN
    • 3:40 a 'partnership' with Atlanta
    • 4:30 "...ultimately, to Jehovah's success" they made deals with every major hotel in Atlanta. Good job, Jehovah!

I think the video is part of their deal with Atlanta. It's promoting Atlanta first, ordering around the minions second.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit