Atlanta Int Convention 2014:The Big Party. Does this look like WT believes Armageddon is coming "soon"?

by AndDontCallMeShirley 173 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Splash
    Splash

I'm so bummed that I missed it

Splash

• clarity
    clarity

I guess with the older witnesses ...pun intended,

dying off, they have timed this facade just about right!

Who us? Not supposed to dance? Be content with just

any old roof over our heads? Not be showie? Huh, we

never said that! ...We never did that!

And all the witlesses just kind of give their heads a

shake and think,... hmmm I must have misunderstood,

oh yeah it was just me ....I got it all wrong! Oh yeah

I'm gonna get me some dance lessons .......see it is OK!

A new religion is born!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

AndDontCallMeShirley - "WT is so focused on how great they think they are, I'm sure it catches them off guard when their propoganda videos do not result in everyone seeing them to immediately want to become a JW."

I suspect it's easy habit to fall into when you surround yourself solely with people who are never allowed to disagree with you.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Hey guys is this the same video ?

Sorry can't make it a hyper link in iPad

http://wiki.jw-archive.org/Atlanta%2C+Georgia+-+2014+Regional+Convention+Video+-+%27Time+of+Your+Life%27

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Thanks, Ptreist ! That's the one.

@ Vidiot:

Voltaire: "To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Wow - listen, obey, and be blessed. You have been assimulated.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"Listen, obey, and be blessed." That clearly sounded like brainwashing.

The "see how obedient I am by driving 30 miles to a different metro station" sounded stupid, stupid, stupid. I couldn't imagine wasting that much fuel in order to use the same public transportation right near my house. MARTA rail handles over 200,000 daily riders, so they're well equipt to handle a few thousand JWs riding from the closest stations.

I guess this is one of those "unquestioningly obey whatever we say even though it seems strange" type of things from WT.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Historically, WT has always portrayed a nice home and fine material possessions in a negative light. Any JW who desires these things, and, worse, actually owns them, has been marginalized as "spiritually weak", "materialistic", and "not putting Kingdom interests first".

I guess you guys bought into the BS even more than I did.

I saw who the CO stayed with during the period when he had a Airstream camper and the Circuit provided a house. He stayed with the Rich & Famous of the JDubs in the Circuit. NOT the family with 4 kids and 2 bedrooms. NOT with the elderly sister with a mobile home.

Here, he stayed with the owner of the construction company in their $500,000 house. The elder's wife took the COW shopping at Saks and Nieman Marcus. It made it possible for the Fat-Cat elder to feel good about his ostentatious home since he was giving of his valuable things to the Kingdom (housing the CO).

WT has always portrayed a nice home and fine material possessions in a negative light.

That was to make the humble, JW feel OK about their lot in life.

I'm sure there is someone from the Atlanta area that knows the big-shots featured in the video. Who are they? What are they?

It's not going to be the window-washer pioneer. It's going to be the retired Coca-Cola exec who came in The Truth(TM) after he retired.

Doc

• snowbird
    snowbird

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/77915/1/Rutherford-Exposed-The-Story-of-Berta-and-Bonnie#.U5IdlBVX-uZ

This thread illustrates the massive research done by Farkel (RIP) and Leolaia, erstwhile and esteemed posters, on the Coca-Cola connection to WT.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

They should also have included in the video a warning to wear your lapel badges that identify you as a bona fide Jehovah's Witness/Corporation Lacky to avoid any unneccesary hold up in going thru high securety areas(seats close to the podium or news reporters).

Boy what could be better hear we have the assembly location of the Governing Body presents. I would be so nice for a welcoming committee of Apostates to show them some good old southern hospitality, what better way to comemorate 100 years of kingdom rule over his earthly organization 1914-2014 special assembly day of sorts with news reporters and child molest lawsuits needing to be paid I'm sure this assembly will be one to remember for a long time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit