Atlanta Int Convention 2014:The Big Party. Does this look like WT believes Armageddon is coming "soon"?

by AndDontCallMeShirley 173 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

To add to ADCMS post above, look at how many conventions are over the 4th of July. I was looked at the dates a few weeks ago and literally 15 conventions are scheduled that weekend as the 4th falls on a Friday this year. I'm sure the reason is rock bottom rents available as no other group is going to schedule an event over that weekend.

The Watchtower, absolutely screwing JWs at every turn possible.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

The little boy actor in the video ? Think about his future.

This young man, looks about 12-14 ? He will be told not

to even think about going to university. Here is a family of color

raising their son to be an "obedient slave" to the "organization"

and organization founded by a racist white man in a beard who believed

black races were black because they were "cursed". This young man

will be told to put his own life on hold and "serve the interests of the

"Kingdom" which translated means Governing Body. Whatever talents

and potential this young man has will be stifled and buried, while he waits

to fulfill his life in a future Paradise. Jesus said "I come so you can have

life and have it more abundantly" The young man will told to bury his

talents in the ground, literally and figuratively.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

AndDontCallMeShirley -

Another pattern may reveal itself when you look at the international convention city choices. (Please don't find me as a racist or being guilty of profiling - it's just an observation)

Detroit, Atlanta, New Orleans, Indianapolis and Landover, MD (Washington DC) all have a significant population of African Americans. Working class. Middle to lower income brackets.

Looking at the other cities chosen for international conventions - Rutherford, NJ & Arlington, TX (Dallas/Ft Worth) - it may be that these were chosen because of the very large numbers of Hispanic persons in these areas. Texas goes without saying. While Rutherford, NJ has a nostalgic history with the Society, it is also in the center of two towns with significant Hispanic populations - Patterson and Elizabeth. Again - working class and middle to lower income brackets.

These racial and economic "groups" are the target of the Org. They need these people.

Of course Hawaii has to have an international convention - awesome vacation for the Org. big shots.

And Seattle is necessary - the last major stronghold of the International Bible Students in the States.

ginger

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

@ gingerbread: These racial and economic "groups" are the target of the Org. They need these people.

I agree. JW numbers in developed countries are flat or decreasing. WT needs 'new blood', and typically the most vulnerable groups are those that are poor and uneducated (and without access to the Internet).

Large segments of the population with little hope (regardless of ethnicity) are a prime target for any religion/cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit