Atlanta Int Convention 2014:The Big Party. Does this look like WT believes Armageddon is coming "soon"?

by AndDontCallMeShirley 173 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Well at least all the apostates are aware of the GBs presents at Atlanta for this very specially live broadcasted to many other convention seems like a rather dumb move by the GB to leak out that bit of information. I wonder if some news group might want to take the time to get a live interveiw from some of these guys/GB at the convention site and ask them questions about the many child molestion lawsuits they are fighting in the courts around the world?

How about a Panorama, or Dateline follow up at this convention celibrating 100 years of invisible Kingdom rule.

I wonder if Bill Bowen of Silent Lambs got anything planed for the event?

• twice shy
    twice shy

Greatteacher-JWdom is practiced somewhat differently in different places. Honestly, that house did not shock me. Plenty of JWs in my parents hall have homes like this.

There wasn't any shock about it just the delusional picture they are trying to portray. This is not a reality for most jw's. You are correct; in the middle class neighborhood halls college is not frowned upon. They understand that their children need to be able to provide for themselves and support the congregation. They know their children won't be able to do that with a career at McDonalds.

My children's parents live in a home very similar to the ones picture on the advertisement too, but middle america is not the reality for most witnesses or their lifestyle. The point I was making is that those things can't be acquired working for minimum wage for the duration of one's life. I think it is very hypocritcal for them to show pictures of things unattainable with the map they design for people's futures.

In my opiinion.

apognophos-I come on here and see a lot of angst directed at JWs who have nice things

I live your statement; and don't be a single woman(or worse single mother) that was able to obtain those things without doing it their way, but still have a strong love for GOD.

Double and triple frowned on by the Elders at certain halls.

On another note, the faithful are still being ripped of because now they won't even get to earn SAG wages for their performances.

nonjwspouse- I would find it hard to see how a "spiritually strong JW that will spend plenty of time at the KH", and the wife not work could afford this level of a home.

Thanks for driving my point home.

@magnum- well said

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

My children's parents live in a home very similar to the ones picture on the advertisement too, but middle america is not the reality for most witnesses or their lifestyle. The point I was making is that those things can't be acquired working for minimum wage for the duration of one's life. I think it is very hypocritcal for them to show pictures of things unattainable with the map they design for people's futures.

I suppose there is an insensitivity here, failing to realize that not all circuits are like some of the ones around the headquarters.

By the way, you guys have seen this video, right? We're encouraged to play it for people at the door. It might be old news here, but I think it's very much on-topic if we're talking about how the new Org is not the old Org:

http://www.jw.org/en/video-why-study-the-bible/

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

I just watched the mormon video. Wow. I guess I'm amazed at how similar the terminology and delusion is, but at least love was mentioned.

What would a still in JW think after seeing the Mormon one? I'm going to test this with some friends that are in but definitely not toeing the JW line.

• twice shy
    twice shy

---WT simply copied it.

They seem to be copying a whole buch of wordly things. They have the kigdom melodies with voices of real people singing. They have ballroom dancing in the hall now. They have Elders inviting young ones to th stage to sing songs (mimicking a choir). They have greeters or people opening the door saying "welcome to the party" and so forth.

Totally not the Watchtower we grew up with. What's really going on? WOW!

• label licker
    label licker

I just passed the videos onto my seventy year old sister who gave her whole life to this wretched org. Her words were she is floored and just can't believe this. She said none of this glorifies Jehovah but only glamorises him and stumbles others. She is shocked. Thank you everyone for this. This is the kind of information I need to send to my sister and to get her out of this horrid nightmare. Bit by bit she is waking up but it seems to be taking for ever. I hope this is the bullet that bites the dust for her but I doubt it.

LL

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

dozy: They are just cheap JWs ( and I speak as a former cheap JW ) who take sandwiches for lunch and drink tap water with a cheap meal in the evening before having an early night. Other than the deals done with hotels very little spending will trickle down to the real economy

In my area we used to have conventions right in the city. But, we've had three venues tell WT they are no longer interested in having JW conventions in the city. We drive 2.5 hours away to a city that is apparently so desperate that even miniscule/ -0- tax revenue is acceptable. I wonder if the "thanks, but no thanks" treatment of JWs was for the very reason you stated??

Gypsy Sam: I just watched the mormon video. Wow. I guess I'm amazed at how similar the terminology and delusion is, but at least love was mentioned.

Where in the WT video is love, Bible education, stronger family life, etc. mentioned? Not once! No focus on things that traditionally have been the focal point of WT rhetoric. Now it's all about having "the time of your life" doing things that aren't remotely "spiritual" (at least according to the 'old' WT).

I think the fact that love and other important things are not even mentioned in the video is because these things are rarely, if ever, on the minds of WT executives.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Showed my wife the video - her jaw hit the floor.

BOC:"Not the religion we were raised in, is it honey?"

WIFE:"No. That was really disturbing."

Keep more of this propaganda coming, governing body!

BOC, same reaction from my wife.

UNBELIEVABLE! Looks like something from the Tourism Bureau.

Doc

• Magnum
    Magnum

OK, so reactions from JWs:

wife of breakfast of champions - "jaw hit the floor"

wife of DesirousOfChange - same

sister of label licker - 'she was floored and just can't believe it'

I'm interested to know what current JWs, esp those who've been around a while, think about this video. Is anybody aware of any other reactions?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

This video is an excelent aid to help deprogram these corporation lackys, that along with the anit-Sparlock type toys for tots makes Jehovah sad and Jehovah feels disgusted when watching a deaf person masturbate videos.

I hope the Governing Body keeps making more videos that show their rather infantile nature and phobias.

The GB in this delusional state are making some rather bizzar videos that will no doubt make JWs leave in droves, lets hope this trend continues and is broadcasted all over the internet.

I would hope Anthony Morris gets to make a video about his pet peeve "Tight Pants" being a plot by the gay community to get more eye candy. That seemed to be a real hit with the Itaian bros. That along with hate your kids that leave the Corporation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit