Atlanta Int Convention 2014:The Big Party. Does this look like WT believes Armageddon is coming "soon"?

by AndDontCallMeShirley 173 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• steve2
    steve2

I may have missed answers, but is this an official jw.org viideo (i. e. GB-approved)?

• Magnum
    Magnum

DesirousOfChange: I'm sure there is someone from the Atlanta area that knows the big-shots featured in the video. Who are they? What are they?

I'm not from Georgia, but I know of Jerry Belson. He was making $80,000.00 thirty years ago as a National Park Superintendent. I'm sure when he retired he was making much more than that and now has a fat federal govt retirement with juicy benefits.

DesirousOfChange: I guess you guys bought into the BS even more than I did.

I believed the Bible (always with major unanswered questions, though) and I believed JWs were right (again with unanswered questions). I thought the end of the world was imminent and that lives were at stake. So I lived accordingly, as the org suggested then. I tried to follow Christ's footsteps, living a simple life. So, yeah I bought into it. Otherwise, I wouldn't have lived the way I did. I was real. I wasn't a phony. I did the dirty work.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Same here, Magnum.

• Magnum
    Magnum

steve2: is this an official jw.org viideo (i. e. GB-approved)?

I don't think it was meant for jw.org, but it seems to be approved by the org. I know of the first two men speaking in the video - Starrett & Belson. Both are long-time elders. My guess is that it might have been locally produced at the request of and with the support of the org and with guidelines, general instructions, etc. provided by the org, but that they went overboard with it.

• stillin
    stillin

I guess I'll be listening, not obeying then I'll be cursed. Thank Jehovah that my wife doesn't care to go to this circus. She will settle for a smaller venue. During CO week! See? Jehovah does love me!

pterist, thank you for re-posting that wonderful video!

Do y'all think that WTS actually removed it from the OP?

• Magnum
    Magnum

stillin: Do y'all think that WTS actually removed it from the OP?

I think it was removed from YouTube; I've searched and can't find it. I can't even get it to play at the link Pterist provided. Is that one still working?

edit: Never mind. I just got it to play at Pterist's link. Does anybody know a way to save or download it? I have a program that will download form YouTube, but it won't work for the video on the Pterist link.

• Splash
    Splash

Ah, seen it now, thanks!!

Showed my other half. She looked at me as if to say "Is this for real?"

Splash

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Obviously many JWs don't understand that International Conventions are an exclusive JW club. They think they can just show up and be warmly accepted like they would be at any other convention. After asking JWBrothers for info. on dates and travel info., here are some funny comments from the website administrators:

http://www.news.jwbrothers.org/2014-international-convention-jehovahs-witnesses/

"Hi! Just a bit of info: For all of you asking about when a certain convention is, where to stay, etc. you must realize you are not to attend any convention without an invitation. You must apply through your local congregation, and wait for a reply. This is so all things will be ‘by arrangement’ as the scriptures mention. It also keeps the crowd to the proper size for each convention, so your brothers and sisters are not overcrowded. Please be obedient, and do not go to ANY convention without an invitation! Remember, he who is obedient in little things, will be obedient in bigger things!"

"100,000 brothers and sisters will be visiting the Australia International Assembly (Melbourne) and 3 other conventions in Adelaide, Perth and Townsville along with 4 (TBA) in NZ simultaneously. I cant say what the dates will be but it was read out at our local meeting that NO FAMILIES OR FRIENDS were to attend if they were NOT invited. There will be a delegation of 4,000 overseas witnesses who would have had to go through the process of being approved by their local congregation elders, the branch (who have the final say)who goes to Melbourne. I guess its a bit like Jehovah giving final instructions how we follow the directions of the appointed body it counts in his eyes how we listen to his telling us where to go and when not to. Obedience from the heart is what he wants now from us makes things move smoother for the brothers and us."

and, my favorite comment:

"By invitations only means the public is no longer welcome at these conventions?"

No, it means that most JWs are not welcome at these conventions. Welcome to the New Earth Society, brother!

JWBrothers sure has the obedience mantra down pat.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

@ Splash: Showed my other half. She looked at me as if to say "Is this for real?"

Funny, that's the same reaction the "Sparlock"™ video got by every JW who saw it before they went to their DC.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Please be obedient, and do not go to ANY convention without an invitation! Remember, he who is obedient in little things, will be obedient in bigger things!

Another wise man once said, "He who is a d%&^*#bag in little things...".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit