...The WBT$ Theft of Kingdom Hall Bank Accounts and JW Elders...

by OUTLAW 162 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

During my years, the only actual resolutions I saw were uncontroversial and practical. Nobody ever voted against them because there was no reason to.

Yes, because all the important decision were made the Watchtower already. The organization is a strict top down hierarchy. Elders carry out the wishes of the Watchtower, individuals do what the elders tell them to do or they are disfellowshipped and lose family and friends. Individuals have no more say in what goes on that employees at McDonald's.

Now on something like a meeting time vote, you will see a lot of split opinions. A few years back, a body of elders in a local congregation put forward a motion to change the meeting time to 7:00 pm from 7:30 pm, and it was actually defeated by about a 60-40 margin.

Wow! That is amazing, you mean that people could actually decide if the meetings start at 7:00 or 7:30??? They should be careful, some people could get carried away and start asking for double ply toilet tissue in the bathrooms, then where would you be? Dangerous, slippery slope my friend.

I would say that if you do not want to donate the chosen amount, then do not vote for it. But your vote cannot override the vote of the majority, simple as that.

Yes, and since the majority are deluded sleeples, the vote will always go where the Watchtower wants. Well, except for when the Watchtower doesn't care, like meeting times.

The publishers also have say in this matter in that the new monthly donation resolution will be based on an anonymous survey of family heads. If you do not agree with the new donation arrangement and do not wish to participate, then simply do not vote or put 0, and your share of donations will not count.

This is also a set up. If you ask people what they are going to eat next Monday for lunch, they will say a healthy salad, if you ask them what they had today for lunch, they will say a quarter pounder and fries. It's human nature to have good intentions as to the future, but day to day reality is often different. People will, at the time of the estimating, think they can donate x amount, but in practice they may not actually have that much to spare. Now they wil feel guilty and feel pressure to meet their earlier, optimistic amount . It's very close to the pledges that most churches do, and there is nothing inherently wrong in the practice, it's just hypocritical in that they have so often condemned the churches for it the past, it's hypocritical that they are trying to achieve the same result in a different way. I also believe the elders will be able to guess who is putting down amount in many cases, especially when someone puts down zero. What happened to "God loves a cheerful giver" and "We don't pressure people to donate"?

Teary is a Watchtower defender who posts on at least one other forum that I know of, often on pedophile issues. He has a right to his opinion, but take everything he says with a grain of salt.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Are these resolutions in accord with Charity guidelines? Are they 'proposed' and 'seconded'? I don't know (and can't be bothered to find out) what the correct procedure or wording should be, but I'd be surprised if they are done correctly.

Here's what I remember of JW resolutions.

A. Elder from the platform reads the Watchtower Society resolution.

B. Some lacky seconds the resolution.

C. Majority of JW dopes pass resolution.

D. No one raises hand to say no.

E. I would say if you say no, you get the evil eye. Say no more than once and you get marked.

This along with the carrot of everlasting life is the perfect setup to take advantage of people.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

A prime example is WT's recent request for funds to aid the Phillipines after a massive typhoon destroyed the area. While 'promising' to use any donated funds for disaster relief, WT added the qualifier, 'but please don't specify that the money is to go only for disaster relief. We'll use it for whatever we deem fit. Just donate'.

Just to interject a note of experience here from working at a not-for-profit, you always want your donations to come in without specifiers whenever possible. Otherwise you end up with wording that is too specific, or too much money and you can't rightly spend it on something else. So it's not suspicious that the Society would make this request.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"What should be done if congregation funds are not sufficient to cover resolved donations?"

Dig deeper. Groceries and paying your mortgage are overrated. WT needs the money more than you do.

• Steve_C
    Steve_C

Page 6, and only page 6, of this thread is giving me a malware warning. Anyone else getting that?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If the WTS. is open and unrestricted in information to the entire organization, why doesn't the WTS. open

the books to the wealth of the organization as to receivables and expenditures ?

Fact is if the WTS. never espoused lies, ignorance and corruption this publishing house would never have

grown to the extent that it had.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Page 6, and only page 6, of this thread is giving me a malware warning. Anyone else getting that?

Yes me too, it said there was content from a known malware infected site, (an image meme site) so someone linked to an image there. It doesnt mean it is infected just that it could be.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good Morning JWN!..

WOW!!..

So many Names and Friends on this thread..

Thank you all for your input..

People have to be Made Aware of what the WBT$ is Doing..

You`re making this an Awesome Thread and Getting a Lot of Info Out there for People to Read..

This "Just In" from a Lurker/Reader who pm`d me..

It was inspired by Kates post below:

All I can say is.................................................. delluded. Lots of JWs will see it the same way. They just cannot grasp the fact that donations are not given out to congs to build KHs, they don't grasp it's only a loan, and then only given if the cong can prove they can make repayments. completely indoctrinated, so sad.

Kate xx

The Lurker/Reader writes:

and herein lays the problem...

This is why each active elder, that has all 4 pages, and visits/ participates on online forums and chat area, conferences and radio blogs, as well as countless fb pages where many "apostates" congregate, and even meetups offline...

MUST MAKE COPIES AND DISTRIBUTE THEM, IN ANY MANNER THEY CHOOSE, TO EACH OF THEIR KH MEMBERS. THIS WAY EACH JW CAN READ IT IN FULL AND MAKE A DECISION, BASED ON ALL THE FACTS OF THIS MATTER THAT HAVE BEEN WRITTEN BY WT AND DOCUMENTED IN A LETTER TO THE BOE, TO STAY [CONNECTED AND A CONTRIBUTOR OR TO TAKE STOCK AND PLAN FOR IMMEDIATE DEPARTURE OF WHAT THEY NOW HAVE DISCOVERED IS FINANCIAL CORRUPTION AND A BLATANT ATTEMPT TO ROB THEM OF THEIR MONEY AND ANYTHING ELSE THEY 'WILL' TO THE WTBTS/JW.ORG.

It`s Batantly Obvious to Anyone Informed..

This is a "WBT$ APPROVED THEFT" in Progress..

From Kingdom Hall "Bank Accounts" AROUND THE WORLD!!..

...........................................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Steve_c I got the warning too on page 6.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Important questions here.

1) What do you think is going to happen to Active JW Elders who are not on JWN if they do not act to expose this naked theft of Kingdom Hall money?

2) What do you think is going to happen to Active JW Elders who are on JWN if they do not act to expose this naked theft of Kingdom Hall money?

3) What do you think is going to happen to Active JW Elders who are not on JWN if they do act to expose this naked theft of Kingdom Hall money?

4) What do you think is going to happen to Active JW Elders who are on JWN if they do act to expose this naked theft of Kingdom Hall money?

Scott77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit