What is spirit, exactly?

by Viviane 609 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Comatose
    Comatose

Kate... If my heart quits its not that my spirit gave out... It's a symptom of another medical issue. If I get defib'd and restarted that isn't a spark of life returning to me, it's electricity from the wall plug.

Many plants can be cut from their source and put in water to grow new roots. There was no spark of life needed... I am surprised you believe all that if you are a chemist.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Anyone know what Ruby meant by " in the spirit and memory of slimboyfat" ? hope his ok.

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

Man thinks, God directs

The spirit gives wings to our imagination

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Don't know the answer to your question Viv, you've certainly sparked people's interest. Haven't read the whole thread, I've been out of the country. I've heard some people say spirits are beings of light made of photons, anyone here said that? Not my idea and I probably wont stay around and debate something which cannot be proved. Attack me if you must, I'm going back to the sunshine in my garden because the JW stuff doesn't hold a great deal of interest on here anymore for me personally.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Oh really is that so?

Kate, that is really so. Next time you want try to make what I say seem false, don't quote mine me to create a false perception like you did in your post. It's a dishonest practice that's easily caught and refuted.

It's also a common tactic, when people can't answer a question, to attack the person asking rather that act like an adult and admit that they don't know.

I look forward to your answer on what spirit it.

• Viviane
    Viviane

goodbye all. i have decided to leave this board as I no longer want to read what the thought police (viv et al) have to say. I'd rather be amongst Jehovahs witnesses and intend to apologise to the congregation and to Jehovah (in the spirit and memory of slimboyfat).

Don't be a liar. No one on this thread (nor on any other thread have I) ever told you what you can and cannot think.

• Viviane
    Viviane

The dictionary definition I like best is the following..............

The dictionary definition doesn't come close to answering the question. If angels and other spirit creatures exist, what is this spirit stuff comprised of?

I believe that God is the creator, and the spark of life, spirit, is in all living things and causes them to grow and age.

What is this God stuff made of is the question. Your answer is, at best, a metaphor, a stand in for "I don't understand how life got started".

Many people cannot make higher order abstractions and think in only concrete terms, so they cannot fully understand higher order abstractions. This satisfies my curiosity of what spirit is.

How sad. Another example of relgious thinking being a though stopping process. I full realize that this was an attempt at a clever insult, but instead it showed that, yet again, when God and religion get involved, people turn their brain off. It had the opposite of the intended effect.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Man thinks, God directs

What is this God made of?

The spirit gives wings to our imagination

What is that spirit made of?

• Viviane
    Viviane

I've been out of the country. I've heard some people say spirits are beings of light made of photons, anyone here said that?

No, I've not heard that one. It's a completely new one on me.

Attack me if you must, I'm going back to the sunshine in my garden because the JW stuff doesn't hold a great deal of interest on here anymore for me personally.

So far, I've been the only one attacked, despite the narrative certain people are attempting to create.

• DJS
    DJS

RUBY456,

I've stayed out of this discussion to this point because I don't get involved in theist/biblical topics. However, your excuse for leaving is pure bullshit. You no longer wish to remain amongst those who require facts and evidence to support arguments. Viviane's style isn't for everyone, but I agree completely with her (I'm assuming Viviane is a she - if not Viv correct me) that repeating tired, worn out mantras from days gone by in the Borg and from the church/biible is lame and unacceptable. That stuff is crap; it wasn't written by scientists or by anyone who had any idea what they were talking about, just as they didn't know anything about micro-organisms, viruses, bacteria, etc. So anything the old men who wrote that stuff thousands of years ago have to say about anything doesn't move or impress me. Repeating their words as if they are mantras of wisdom handed down straight from god is pure bullshit.

Go back to the land of purple dinosaur group hugs where you belong. Where your brain never has to expand beyone the rote programming it now contains. The lactic acid created when you finally have to use it must hurt like hell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit