What is spirit, exactly?

by Viviane 609 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• caliber
    caliber

One of these woman above tries to use empathy and compassion.... one is a shit disturber

Just remember ...."misery love company"

A "reasonable person" will try to find common ground without needless insults

I know which one I would feel comfortable to share a beer with ..." God save the Queen "

• Viviane
    Viviane

As I predicted, because I am able to make higher order abstractions, I could not satisfy your curiosity. You simply don't understand why people believe what they do because you are being willfully ignorant and you use intellectual intimidation when you say things like "people turn their brain off"

No, not at all. You simply didn't say anything of value. You're attempting to equate "I don't know" with knowledge and accusing others of not thinking at your level. You're being insulting when confronted with a question you can't answer is all you are doing.

I am not attacking you I am attacking your idea's.

In other words, you can't show where I quote mined you. You were caught being dishonest again.

I think you need to accept that before you started the thread there was no answer to your question that satisfied you and that you weren't really genuinely curious to find an answer, or to even understand why posters believe as they do.

You can think whatever you like. What you can't do is make accusations that are deceptive and dishonest and expect to get away with it by taking to faux moral high ground. Also, you have no idea what I do or don't understand.

I am not dishonest, many posters have questioned your motives for starting this thread, it's you who is the dishonest one IMO, but that's just my opinion. It's subjective as is yours.

You are and it's not. I provided evidence, you provided insults and attempted to change the subject.

Rubbish, that's your posts full stop I gave you an example in a previous post. Twisting what posters say, you relish in it my dear.

You've been caught in several lies in this thread. Looks like you are adding yet another one to the pile.

But I totally understand why, I know exactly where your coming from. We are here for you and we can help you through your difficult time. I look forward to reading your story Viv.

You are 100% completely ignorant of where I am coming from. Your faux moral high ground is laughable. I have no idea why you would ever think I would share anything about my life with someone like you.

So, as it stands, we can add Kate's answer to the "I don't know" pile. Still no closer to an answer.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

In my opinion, and it's just an opinion..................your comments reflect you already had your answer to your question before you started the thread. I am not the only one who has seen this on your thread either. We are all entitled to our opinions and that's mine. I do have a view of what spirit is and I will post it on another post later.

Kate xx

I share your opinion.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

plus ive had a few martinis

Lol. I love it.

• Viviane
    Viviane

I find it quite interesting that, rather than simply ask someone what their motives are, assumptions born of ignorance are assumed.

So, as it stands, we are still no closer to an asnwer, despite themany attacks on me.

• snare&racket
  • FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I find it quite interesting that, rather than simply ask someone what their motives are, assumptions born of ignorance are assumed.

If we look at your pattern of behaviors on JWN, it's obvious what this thread is about and it's not your curiosity about what spirit is. Bait threads are nothing new on JWN.

• Viviane
    Viviane

If we look at your pattern of behaviors on JWN, it's obvious what this thread is about and it's not your curiosity about what spirit is. Bait threads are nothing new on JWN.

We? It's a team now?

Either way, you are still ignorantly assuming and promoting perceptions rather that honestly and simply asking. You know exactly nothing about me. Prideful behavior born of ignorance on display. If you think this is a bait thread, perhaps you are too used to being hooked.

As it stands, we are no closer to an answer. Shortly I will update the thread with the latest non-answers.

• Viviane
    Viviane

So far we have the following:

- Spirit is a metaphor

- Angels and demons are not spirit

- Angels and demons ARE spirit (no answer as to what spirit is)

- It is breath (meaning plants and paramecium also have spirit)

- It's the holy ghost (with no answer as to what spirit is)

- It's the non-physical part of people (no answer as to what spirit is)

- It's how you hear God (no answer as to what spirit is)

- It connects to our consciousness to form reality (no explanation of what spirit is or how that works)

- It connects us to higher dimensions (no explanation of what that is or how that works)

- It's the lifeforce or spark of life (no explanation of what that is or how that works)

- Various ignorant assertions and outright untruths

As it stands, we still have no idea what spirit is comprised of.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Vivianne re your above post in which you say " so far WE have the following"

Well i think you have lost both the" WE" and the" SPIRIT" a good healthy thread needs.

So maybe " spirit" is something inside us that contributes to a healthy thread...and when its gone its over.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit