What is spirit, exactly?

by Viviane 609 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Viviane
    Viviane

I also agree that there is a connection between amino acids, spirit and metaphor - chains (undoing them and making them)

What, specifically, is that connection? How are they related? You've not told us what spirit is comprised of yet, so saying there is a connection to something undefined is a tenuous position to adopt. Can you tell us spirit is comprised of?

• Wizard of Oz
    Wizard of Oz

Spirit is the invisible source which enables all beings to either enjoy or abhorr their existence. Hence, joyful or vexacious spirit. Spirit can be quantified in a love to hate sprectrum through the passion one exerts to live their life.

Is Knowledge more important than Imagination? NO. Why? Because knowledge is Limited and imagination Unlimited. Imagination and Observation is the root cause of Knowledge and It Encircles the world.

Luv'n'Thortz WOZ

• cofty
    cofty

knowledge is Limited and imagination Unlimited

So are you admitting that spirit is a figment of your imagination?

• Viviane
    Viviane

Spirit is the invisible source which enables all beings to either enjoy or abhorr their existence. Hence, joyful or vexacious spirit. Spirit can be quantified in a love to hate sprectrum through the passion one exerts to live their life.

That doesn't tell us what it is made of, though. You're just using it as a metaphor for emotions.

Is Knowledge more important than Imagination? NO. Why? Because knowledge is Limited and imagination Unlimited. Imagination and Observation is the root cause of Knowledge and It Encircles the world.

People often imagine they have more knowledge than they do. This thread is filled with examples.

• bsmart
    bsmart

There used to be an anology that it was like electricity, I say if it shorts out then "god" is dead.

• prologos
    prologos

V, you have your straw persons lined up to shoot down by insisting for them to define as kind of a STUFF that it is made of, perhaps knowing very well that it can not be a material, stuff question.

How about the movement, energy, vibrations, that stuff goes through to produce the ephemeral experiences, lust, joy, exuberation, love?

just my feelings, and wont be able to read replies.

• Viviane
    Viviane

V, you have your straw persons lined up to shoot down by insisting for them to define as kind of a STUFF that it is made of, perhaps knowing very well that it can not be a material, stuff question.

Not at all. The question is simple. People claim something exist, I am simply asking what it is made of. So far, no one has been able to give an answer as to what it's made of. That has caused quite a bit of anger, name calling and misrepresentation on the part of the claimants.

How about the movement, energy, vibrations, that stuff goes through to produce the ephemeral experiences, lust, joy, exuberation, love?

What about them?

• Wizard of Oz
    Wizard of Oz

Ever heard of magnetic attraction? Of course you have. And no doubt fully understand it.

Human Magnetic Attraction is Spirit Interaction. No not necessarily sexual, just the connection individuals have with each other for all sorts of reasons, from short periods to life, in order to achieve the spirit's desired result.

So if :- (HMA=SI)SDna=?. Algebra's always been way to hard for me. There's five birds on a fence, seven fly away, two come back, there's no birds on the fence. My answer will always be, "Sir you're on drugs, if two birds come back, there's two birds on the fence, or are you pissed sir?". Then there'd be the book across the head. No wonder I'm so stupid.

Luv'n'Thortz

WOZ

• Viviane
    Viviane

Human Magnetic Attraction is Spirit Interaction. No not necessarily sexual, just the connection individuals have with each other for all sorts of reasons, from short periods to life, in order to achieve the spirit's desired result.

What is human magnetism? You've simply swapped one undefined term for another. No closer to ananswer, unfotunately.

There's five birds on a fence, seven fly away, two come back, there's no birds on the fence. My answer will always be, "Sir you're on drugs, if two birds come back, there's two birds on the fence, or are you pissed sir?".

Your answer should be that the premise is invalid.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Looks like it's time to see if there is an answer to this question again.

Summary so far:

• it's a metaphor for breath, emotions, imagination, energy, air, water, power, force, memory, photosynthesis, attitude, consciousness
    • We can't explain it
    • Beyond our ability to understand it
    • Human magnetic attraction (undefined)
    • Different levels of vibratory energy (undefined)
    • Force of life (undefined)
    • A word with multiple meanings

I bring this back up because it was recently suggested that at some point in the past, humanoids were given a soul or spirit by some creature to make them human and they are the MRCA of all living humans.

So, what is a soul? What is spirit? Anyone?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit