Trinitarians! Who is Jesus Christ's father the Holy Spirit or the Father?

by booker-t 199 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cofty
    cofty

It is a limited concept for our tiny brains to attempt to understand ...

Speak for yourself!

Please explain how 3 persons can all be god and that isn't god by committee?

Your explanation of how the father can be "the god" of Jesus evades the question completely.

A god is an object of worship. Does the risen Jesus worship the father?

• jonza
    jonza

I will speak for myself, I have an IQ of 158 and have two full Bsc degrees, and yes compared to God almighty my brain is tiny and can't even attempt to understand more than a very basic concept of Him.

3 persons that are in total unison, not comitee. You could describe it as the 3 natures of the same being. In church years ago, I had it explained like you take a person, they have a brain that is like the Father. They have a spirit like the Holy Spirit, and a body like Jesus. Three components, one being that is YHWH. I've heard it also described like time, past present and future, but all are of the same substance and same in nature, but each unque.

• cofty
    cofty

jonza - You are grasping at straws trying to defend the indefensible.

3 persons that are in total unison, not comitee

So a committee that always agree.

Three components, one being that is YHWH

That is the heresy known as "partialism". Do you want to try again?

Partialism
    ...taught that Father, Son and Holy Spirit together are components of the one God. This led them to believe that each of the persons of the Trinity is only part God, only becoming fully God when they come together.

Also you ignored my question - Does the risen Jesus worship his god?

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Once you guys are settled on the very nature of the supreme God himself (or themselves), which ever it comes out to be, perhaps you can concentrate on a question that really matters: festivus vs. christmas.

MMM

• jonza
    jonza

I don't see it as grasping at straws. It is what the Bible indicates. John 10:30 "The Father and I are one" This isn't necessarily a text to support the trinity in itself, but is supportive of that fact they are in agreement.

You actually ignored my questions: "How can you explain that there is only one God; no God before him, no God after him; only one true God, no other creator than Jehovah? Yet Jesus is also said to be God and said to be the I AM and the First and the Last and the Alpha and Omega? Do you believe in multiple Gods? Is Jesus a false god, if there is only one true God?"

To answer your question. I believe yes he does. I don't think that in any way has to conflict with the concept of the trinity. Now are you going to answer my question? :)

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

We are created in God's image. In Genesis, God says "let US create man in OUR image." This says a lot to me since we are created in God's image and he is saying "us" and "our"

This is only one example where God is shown to be plural, but one.

Also, in Genesis, it say "God created the heavens and earth" but in Colossians, it mentioned that all things (not all other things, mind you) were created through Jesus. So if Jesus created the heavens and earth, then he must also be God.

Those 2 things were proof enough for me.

Of course, in nature, an egg proved it to me also. There is a shell, a yolk and the white. All one egg.

• cofty
    cofty

Wait a minute.

1) You are admitting that Jesus worships the father but the father does not worship the son or the HS and yet you claim they are all equal.

This is doublethink...

... the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them.

2) You said - " Three components, one being that is YHWH"

I told you that this is 100% heresy. It is known by theologians as "partialism"

You claimed you understood the trinity and yet you are promoting heresy.

• cofty
    cofty

Of course, in nature, an egg proved it to me also. There is a shell, a yolk and the white. All one egg. - Iriddle80

Again this is the same heresy as Jonza. Is it known as paritalism, and totally opposite to trinitarian theology.

Why don't christians understand their central doctrines?

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

Also, there's this that makes sense about it:

“We don't use the words begetting or begotten much in modern English, but everyone still knows what they mean. To beget is to become the father of: to create is to make. And the difference is this. When you beget, you beget something o the same kind as yourself. A man begets human babies, a beaver begets little beavers and a bird begets eggs which turn into little birds. But when you make, you make something of a different kind from yourself. A bird makes a nest, a beaver builds a dam, a man makes a wireless set – or he may make something more like himself than a wireless set: say, a statue. If he is clever enough carver he may make a statue which is very like man indeed. But, of course, it is not a ream man; it only looks like one. It cannot breathe or think. It is not alive.

Now that is the first thing to get clear. What God begets is God; just as what man begets is man. What God creates is not God; just as what man makes is not man. That is why men are not Son's of God in the sense that Christ is. They may be like God in certain ways, but they are not things of the same kind. They are more like statues or pictures of God.”

C.S. Lewis

• cofty
    cofty

Iriddle - Firstly you should address your heresy.

Secondly regarding your CS Lewis quote. Was there a time before the son was begotten?

If not, in what sense was he begotten?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit