Trinitarians! Who is Jesus Christ's father the Holy Spirit or the Father?

by booker-t 199 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

LOL! LOL! Good place to hang one's hammer!

Captain Action,lol,lol! At least someone has Action!

• Chalam
    Chalam

"I have always found it difficult to understand the trinitarian belief that Jesus is/was fully God and fully man. Indeed, trinitarians themselves could not agree whether he had one nature or two. Nor could they agree whether the Holy Spirit proceeded from the Father only or both the Father and the Son. In fact just about every Church Father was declared heretical and/or anathema by a later Council."

Jesus was and is fully God but became a man. It is clear He did not rely on His Divinity but rather the power of the Spirit to do only what He saw the Father doing. The Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father and the Son, as the Spirit is synonymous with both of them i.e the Holy Spiriy is the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Jesus. To state Jesus became man and not God or the other way round is what was declared heretical no doubt?

"But what caught my attention in the current thread was that not only was Jesus fully God and fully man when he was on earth, but that he is still fully God and fully man. I am unclear whether this is "orthodox" belief but would appreciate clarification. Is the belief that the human Jesus is now in heaven? Does he still need to eat and breath? Is he affected by cold and heat as humans are? It seems such an extraordinary claim I think I must have misunderstood and would appreciate any constructive thoughts on this."

Yes, Jesus is now and forever a man. Yes, He eats for sure. However, not everything about the "gloryfied" or "spiritual" body is the same as the natural one or indeed has it limitations. If you need verses for any of this stuff then gimme a shout or otherwise happy digging. Also, there are numerous excellent accounts of heaven which are well worth checking out.

All the best,

Stephen

• factfinder
    factfinder

sarasmile-Captain Action is my all time favorite action figure! I have various superhero costumes for him such as Superman, Batman, Spider-Man and....Thor! Thor said he is not a trinity!

Chalam- are you just kidding that you think Jesus is still 100% a man, and he eats and breathes in heaven, etc?

The trinity is even stranger than I thought.

• Chalam
    Chalam
    Luke 24:36-43

English Standard Version (ESV)

Jesus Appears to His Disciples

36 As they were talking about these things, Jesus himself stood among them, and said to them, “Peace to you!” 37 But they were startled and frightened and thought they saw a spirit. 38 And he said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts? 39 See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have.” 40 And when he had said this, he showed them his hands and his feet. 41 And while they still disbelieved for joy and were marveling, he said to them, “Have you anything here to eat?” 42 They gave him a piece of broiled fish, 43 and he took it and ate before them.

Acts 1:9-11

9 And when he had said these things, as they were looking on, he was lifted up, and a cloud took him out of their sight. 10 And while they were gazing into heaven as he went, behold, two men stood by them in white robes, 11 and said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into heaven? This Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven.”

John 3:13

13 No one has ascended into heaven except he who descended from heaven, the Son of Man.

1 Timothy 2:5

5 For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus

1 Corinthians 15:44-49

44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. 45 Thus it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being”; the last Adam became a life-giving spirit. 46 But it is not the spiritual that is first but the natural, and then the spiritual. 47 The first man was from the earth, a man of dust; the second man is from heaven.48 As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven,so also are those who are of heaven. 49 Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven.

Simples :)

Stephen

• cofty
    cofty

Yes, He eats for sure.

So he urinates and deficates as well. Interesting.

What kind of toilet paper do they have in heaven to wipe his godly arse?

• factfinder
    factfinder

cofty- lol!

Good question!

What do the angels think of him farting, peeing, deficating, etc? Are his farts holy?

How can people believe such things? Oh well, everyone needs to believe or not believe what they want to but I will never accept this trinity nonsense.

Jehovah is not a man.

• galaxie
    galaxie

Do not underestimate the possibility that the u.f.os reported maybe stealing our oxygen to allow him to breath.!!

• designs
    designs

"The Holy Spirit preceeds from the Father and the Son" this phrase in some Nicene Creed versions is rejected by the Eastern Orthodox and the Oriental Orthodox Churches. The Filioque controversy.

• designs
    designs

Portraying Jesus as a God/Man was essential for Paul (or whoever wrote under that name) to convinnce people they could not have a direct relationship with God as Jews believe. It was Paul's further attempt to lie and misdirect his new audience.

Paul calls his new idea "superior" to the Jewish view of a Covenant.

• Earnest
    Earnest

Thanks for your comments, Stephen/Chalam.

Yes, Jesus is now and forever a man. Yes, He eats for sure. However, not everything about the "gloryfied" or "spiritual" body is the same as the natural one or indeed has it limitations.

You seem to be saying that Jesus is still a man, but he is not a natural man and does not have the limitations of a natural man. In that case he is not a man, is he? I asked whether he eats and breathes. You confirmed that he eats, and cofty took that a natural step further that if he eats then he must digest and expel the waste. You didn't say whether he feels the heat and cold which every man does. It may be that he is not actually a man but only seemed to be one when he ate that piece of broiled fish. A lot of the early Christians believed this, that he only had the appearance of humanity. But it (docetism) was declared a heresy at the Council of Nicaea.

So that's the problem. He either is or he ain't. If he is that's ridiculous, and if he ain't that's heresy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit