Trinitarians! Who is Jesus Christ's father the Holy Spirit or the Father?

by booker-t 199 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jonza
    jonza

He is fully God and fully Man at the same time. Not part and part. Jesus the man calls on the Father as His God. Yet He is still fully God and therefore equal. As the Bible states He was making Himself equal to God.

• cofty
    cofty

Jesus the man calls on the Father as His God

How many Jesuses are there?

So the human Jesus worships the father (and is therefore inferior to his deity) but the other Jesus doesn't and isn't.

And you think this isn't risible?

If you have a specific question for me please post it succintly and I will respond tomorrow.

• cofty
    cofty

The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; - Rev 3:12

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ - 1Peter 1:3

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ - 2Cor 1:3

• LV101
    LV101

"How many Jesuses are there?" Funny!

• kassad84
    kassad84

Trinity was formulated to preserve the empire that Constantine hold dearly. It was not supposed to be THE primary issue and will not save anyone whether holding on (or not) to it. These are human speculations at best...but they are threatening the political stability of the Roman empire and so a council was held to reach a forced consensus, with the object of 'unity'.

• kassad84
    kassad84

when it comes down to it the primary issue is obedience to what you already know about the will of God, not about knowing the nature of God - it profits nothing.

• factfinder
    factfinder

The posts in support of the trinity are nonsensical.

Jesus is 100% man & 100% God at the same time. The Jesus man part worships the father God part but they are one person and not two parts. The father does not worship the son, the son does worship the father. The father is not subject to the son but the son is subject to the father yet the son is 100% equal to the father as is holy spirit. But this is all one god and not 3 and not 3 parts of god.

The trinity makes no sense at all.

Hear o Israel, The Lord our God, the Lord is ONE makes sense. One God who is one person.

I cannot make any sense of the explanations presented in support of the trinity.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

"John 5:18 says clearly Jesus was making Himself equal with God. That is not the words of any other man talking, that is Scripture. They knew who He was claiming to be."

No the Jews made Jesus equal with God. Jesus never said he was equal.

So it is not that clear. The Jews assumed he was making himself equal to God the motive was to have an excuse or reason to kill him. The people assumed because Jesus called God his father. Perhaps prior to Jesus they never called YHWH Father. Although I do not know what they were thinking, but maybe in their minds it would appear that he was claiming equal only because he used the word Father or they just needed to find fault. I go with reason to find fault to kill him. Jesus could say what ever and they would find a reason to have him killed.

John 5:18 "Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God."

Not too sure if I could ever believe the fully man and fully God

Because, John 5:19 The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

Fully God can do nothing of himself! I would think fully God would not need to see another God do. After all Jesus was an adult yet fully God, right. Smile.

Anyhow Jonza just a thought! Just saying that concept lacks a little.

I am not jumping on the band wagon with everyone here! if people want to believe Jesus was fully God while a man it not any worse than WT making him an angel or two.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

I understand God the Father. God the son as Hebrew 1. But I get lost on God the Holy Ghost! Boo! So I try to understand.

Wt a god sucks! Jesus is a god.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Wake up! Good morning!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit