Trinitarians! Who is Jesus Christ's father the Holy Spirit or the Father?

by booker-t 199 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jonza
    jonza

Nothing in the Bible contradicts with the real concept of the trinity. Again you keep making claims with nothing to back them up.

• cofty
    cofty

So you didn't read any of my posts in the previous pages then.

You don't even know the "real concept of the trinity". You were preaching partialism a few pages ago until I explained it to you.

• jonza
    jonza

Yes I read your posts. Nothing contradicted. I answered all of your questions. You answered none of mine.

You don't even know the "real concept of the trinity". You were preaching partialism a few pages ago until I explained it to you.

Are you referring to where you misquoted me? I assume you picked that practice up from the WT.

• cofty
    cofty

you keep making claims with nothing to back them up - jonza

You responded to some of my points, you didn't answer anything.

The resurrected, gorified Jesus worships the father.

The father does not woship the son

A supplicant is not equal to his deity.

Therefore they are not equal.

The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; - Rev 3:12

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ - 1Peter 1:3

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ - 2Cor 1:3

• designs
    designs

jonza- The Jewish Shema (Deut.6:4) contradicts the Trinity, ask a Rabbi.

• cofty
    cofty

I did not misquote you..

I will speak for myself, I have an IQ of 158 and have two full Bsc degrees, and yes compared to God almighty my brain is tiny and can't even attempt to understand more than a very basic concept of Him.

3 persons that are in total unison, not comitee. You could describe it as the 3 natures of the same being. In church years ago, I had it explained like you take a person, they have a brain that is like the Father. They have a spirit like the Holy Spirit, and a body like Jesus. Three components, one being that is YHWH. I've heard it also described like time, past present and future, but all are of the same substance and same in nature, but each unque.

(emphasis mine)

• jonza
    jonza

You responded to some of my points, you didn't answer anything.

There is no question there. How can I answer an unasked question?

I responded to you your points. Jesus the man would worship God His Father to fulful the law. Also, as a man the Father would be His God also. How much more clear can it get?

• cofty
    cofty

I've heard it also described like time, past present and future

By the way that is another heresy called modalism.

Two heresies in one post from a trinitarian.

• factfinder
    factfinder

Podbear is correct: Jesus remains SUBJECT to the Father. Jesus is not almighty god. Only Jehovah is.

Jesus is not EQUAL to Jehovah, never was, never will be.

Jehovah is the only almighty god.

Interesting efforts on the part of those who believe in the trinity to explain it though! But it does not convince me.

The view of my parents and relatives (and of witnesses)is the correct one: Only Jehovah is the one true Almighty God and he has no equals.

Everyone is free to believe as they chose of course, but I cannot accept the trinity.

But as I mentioned before, since learning the tatt this is all academic to me anyway -I"m not so sure God even exists and if he is as the bible describes him he is not worthy of our worship.

And I no longer believe the bible is 100% true anymore either. As cofty brings out-people use different parts of the bible to support their view, and ignore other parts and vice versa.

And I am not going to believe in something I do not understand. The Bible shows there is only ONE Almighty God- the god of my forefathers Jehovah. He is one, not 3 persons, not a commitee in essence of God; just ONE God who is almighty and is one person!

• jonza
    jonza

3 persons that are in total unison, not comitee. You could describe it as the 3 natures of the same being. In church years ago, I had it explainedlike you take a person, they have a brain that is like the Father. They have a spirit like the Holy Spirit, and a body like Jesus. Three components, one being that is YHWH. I've heard it also described like time, past present and future, but all are of the same substance and same in nature, but each unque.

(emphasis mine)

I was saying how I was explained it by someone when I was a child. Not what I now believe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit