WTS buys £1,000,000 luxury sea-front property in Wales, UK

by Simon 157 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• bigmac
    bigmac

i know--back in the day--wilf gooch--branch servant UK--stayed with friends of mine--in an ordinary house--for his holidays.

just maybe the WTS has bought this joint to re-sell it to make a few quid---to help the world wide preaching work.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Paul Gillies new residence?

• Simon
    Simon

There is a local assembly in the area tomorrow - perhaps it will be announced there? Can't wait to hear how the spin it if it is ...

Hopefully that will be the confirmation that people need.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Would they announce something like that?

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

I believe you Simon.

Reading old posts, your wife is from that area.

Possibly, probably you have old friends, in or out, that share "things" with you.

I have never been to Wales or heard anyone speak the native language.

Wales does look lovely.

Looks like they found a great spot.

LL

• Simon
    Simon

I actually think it's good that people are skeptical and insist on evidence - it protects against the types who like to spread wild nonsense just for sensationalist publicity.

This comes from a trusted source so I'd be very surprised if it turned out to be incorrect.

Remember you heard it here first :)

• 88JM
    88JM

I think it's Geraint (Jones?) in charge of translation into Welsh at Bethel - I think he's a fairly "big hitter" there. I don't know how many translators are involved for Welsh, but for the Scottish Gaelic I know it's definitely no more than 2 or 3. Shocked that they area actually buying somewhere as a HQ for this - seems like a pretty shameless excuse to snap up property and make money on it?

• never a jw
    never a jw

Don't see a big problem with that purchase. They need to house people working there for whatever interests the WT has. End of issue. Luxury? maybe, not lavish. I don't intend to minimize the WT possible misuse of funds, but this would never top my list, nor would it be a big deal even if a member of the governing body uses it as a vacation home. There's much bigger problems with this organization.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It must be noted that every day workers at branches don't live in comfortable accommodations

that this particular house has.

Why so lavish on choice surroundings and at what cost ?

You can best surmise that this house will be used by the big boys in the JW religion, DO, branch heads

maybe even GB members when they vist the UK. .... etc.

Remember the WTS. is worth over a billion US so they've got the money now.

• Londo111
    Londo111

marked

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit