WTS buys £1,000,000 luxury sea-front property in Wales, UK

by Simon 157 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Why the WTBTS needed to spend nearly a million pounds on buying such a property to house these people baffles me - they could easily have rented a house or flat in a nearby town for a few hundred pounds a month.

Oh come on it's a holiday home for the Bethel heavies, who just happen to turn up every so often to 'encourage' the translation team!

• Landy
    Landy
    they could easily have rented a house or flat in a nearby town for a few hundred pounds a month.

If they have cash reserves to buy a good property, then to do the above would make no financial sense whatsoever.

An office or house to rent would probably cost itro £1k per month. Say they kept it for four years it would be a total cost of arounf £48k.

An alternative would be to use cash reserves to buy a solid property in an excellent location. The costs look like it was around £1m. Keep it four years and instead of a cost of £48k you have a profit of probably £200k.

It makes perfect financial sense.

• Landy
    Landy
    Is there a jacuzzi out back full of upper echelon jdubs wearing gold necklaces while scantily clad females bring them mojitos?

That's a ridiculous and libellous statement to make.

Everyone knows they drink margeritas. ;)

• prologos
    prologos

It is how they prove they are spirit directed. The early congregation too was proved to have received the transfer of god's approval in connection with language, Pentecost. no translation needed though. Like Simon said: --learn Chinese" instead, because that property bargain, bought at around ~ 1000 000,- will be worth 8 888 888,- soon, if the worldwide trend continues. and

like the appreciated properties in Brooklyn, this gem is near a last bridge before the sea? sorry, now Verrazano.

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

I have piggy-backed another thread off of this one comparing the Beth Sarim and Beth-Shan property preoccupation in the past with sort of an Elitist obsession among the Watchtower leaders to ride out the Great Tribulation in luxury.

I'd love to know where all the money is spent and how many trips around the world the GB take and where they stay along the way.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Terry - "...comparing the Beth Sarim and Beth-Shan property preoccupation in the past with sort of an Elitist obsession among the Watchtower leaders to ride out the Great Tribulation in luxury..."

Yeah, because high-end beachfront real estate would definately serve as excellent defense during the coming Apocalypse... :smirk:

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Why aren't they learning Arabic and Chinese, taking their knapsack on their backs and bolding proclaiming their message as did Stephen, Paul and the others.....doesn't look like a vow of poverty counts for very much these days.

There are literally billions of Chinese and Arabic speakers who have yet to hear the message yet, with respect to a beautiful language, the *Welsh can read their tracts in English if its so vital.

*Except that one old boy in Ffestiniog railway station who gave me the finger when I asked him something in English.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Diogen - "the finger" is part of a universal language lolz.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit