WTS buys £1,000,000 luxury sea-front property in Wales, UK

by Simon 157 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I can absolutely confirm this purchsse. I bumped into an old friend of mine today who has actually worked on the building. He reports that the house was on the market at £500,000 and that the price paid is said to be less than that.

I have no documentary proof to offer but am in no doubt whatsoever that this story is the truth.

The policy for translation units is that they should be in the area where the language is most spoken. I also have no doubt that this house will also be used for privileged members of the bethel family for R & R.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Money corruption didn't just start now with the WTS., remember the crooked asshole who gave this organization

its name (J Rutherford) and the lavish house he built and lived in with WTS's money. (Beth Sarim and Beth Shan)

• susan james
    susan james

What would be interesting to find out, did they get any funding from local government or any public bodies that support Welsh language and culture? Also are they looking to buy a nice property in Cornwall to translate literature into Cornish? ;-)

• Heartofaboy
  • new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Slidinfeet Are you talking the same property?Simon is referring to a property marketed with offers in the region of one Million. You confirm a property with a sale agreed at less than half a million.

• dozy
    dozy

It sounds an odd purchase. Translators tend to work out of Bethel or even from home nowadays. If they wanted somewhere in Wales they could have picked up somewhere in the south for buttons.

The WTBTS of Britain is certainly flush with cash from all the congregations

http://apps.charitycommission.gov.uk/Accounts/Ends61/0001077961_AC_20120831_E_C.pdf

http://apps.charitycommission.gov.uk/Accounts/Ends47/0000216647_AC_20120831_E_C.pdf

but one assumes the bulk of it is earmarked for the new Bethel.

Maybe there is a Jah-Jireh link? http://www.jah-jireh.org/ They certainly were looking for property in Wales but last I heard they were looking to develop a property in Kent.

We'll know soon enough anyway as the property will have to be registered on the Land Registry.

• freddo
    freddo

That house at half a million pounds is nothing - a tiny house in West London costs that any day. Just one of the JW 4 bed bethel dormitory detached houses in Mill Hill would fetch over a million.

North Wales is stunning and the views are spectacular; but it rains there like it does in Ireland. The weather can be pretty miserable and the wind and rain will lash around that house much of the time. Sure it will be nice in summer some days but it will be unusual to top 75F and often a wet 60/65F at best.

From a business point of view they've got a lot of property for their money and it sits right in centre of the most Welsh-speaking part of Wales. I guess the big wigs will holiday up there on the pretext it's a "speshul vizzit" - being 250 miles from the UK branch "ice-box" will be nice.

Supporting the Welsh language is a waste of UK resources and as mentioned above if I lived there and had kids I would rather my child learned a major language instead.

• jemba
    jemba

Very well said Magnum, I absolutely agree!

• jemba
    jemba

Maybe a wealthy JW sold it to the WTS really cheaply and they bought it as an investment?

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Freddo you are absolutely right. The scandal becomes not the money spent but the extra money spent to get the most luxurious location. This house would rent out well as an up market holiday residence.

I have no doubt that there will be WT VIPs visiting to check the progress of traslation into Welsh of the latest leaflet, usually over a weekend. It is noticeable that the house is not situated in one of the depressed ex coal mining or steel making towns.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit