WTS buys £1,000,000 luxury sea-front property in Wales, UK

by Simon 157 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

You are right of course Fink, but they are posing as a Charity, and posing as a mendicant religion.

The purchase of this luxury property is going to be difficult to defend in the face of the new Donations request. (Read Donations Scam).

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Is there any way one could have come about this information OTHER than on an apostate website? It WOULD be good to share the information, but you'd have to have a faultless source ..

• Interested Observer
    Interested Observer

I think it would be funny to print out the real estate listing and attach it to the full letter from the Governing Body regarding the new donation arrangment and have a note that says one of the "building projects" that your money is going towards, and place it on the windshield of all the cars at the KH.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Can we get the form PDF posted? That would be awesome.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Interested Observer, does the transaction record you have list the name of the Seller (previous owner)? It would be interesting--and potentially telling--to know who they are and what relationship, if any, they have with the IBSA of London.

• Interested Observer
  • LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Interested Observer... When it says Lender, none, does that mean The International Bible Students (WT JW.org) bought this property with cash?

(I was just on your site. Thanks).

LL

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

You are right of course Fink, but they are posing as a Charity, and posing as a mendicant religion.

JWs are indoctrinated to be hush and not oppositional to the activities of organization, god's earthly arrangement (WTS.)

I'm not too sure of the laws in the UK regarding the taxes from properties bought by religious institutions.

Here in Canada just about all properties either donated or purchased by a religion goes under the no tax laws.

For JWS to openly criticize any of the activities of the organization, could result in a label of weakness upon these

individuals and further result of privileges being withdrawn.

So most criticisms go unheard or they are express only in confidence to trusted ones.

• Interested Observer
    Interested Observer

I am not familiar with the land registry and how their public records work, but I took it that they paid cash since there is no lender listed and thus no mortgage encumbering the property.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Thanks I.O.

It looks pretty straight forward as a purchase, the restrictive covenants may give them some problem in the future if they have plans to develop this site some more, but I doubt that is the idea anyway.

The scandal is that I.B.S.A U.K has funded this purchase, for no reason that can possibly be in line with their new Donation pleadings, they are just spending other people's hard earned cash, and U.K taxpayers (most of whom are non-JW's !) money on a luxurious property in a prime location, and for what ? a Translation Department that they could locate on any of the many vacant Industrial Sites in the area.

This needs some exposure in the Local Media at least !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit