WTS buys £1,000,000 luxury sea-front property in Wales, UK

by Simon 157 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Interested Observer
    Interested Observer

The optics of this are horrible. The Watchtower purchases this luxury home the same month that they change the contribution arrangment requiring monthly contributions. On top of it they have a study article this week that suggests congregations can help the poor and aged within the Hall by assisting them with obtaining government assistance. I guess the rank and file can store up treasures in heaven by giving materially to the Watchtower, who then can store up treasures on earth.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The actual home and its location brings up some questionable doubt to why would the WTS./IBSA need

this location of its purposed purpose.

The whole thing sounds bullshitish to me and I'm sure many others.

Is this just a pretentious scam being instituted by the WTS. so that the higher ups from the UK branch

to use for their own pleasure and convenience ?

• Simon
    Simon

WTF? We're now going to harrass the people who SOLD the property?

This is where exJWs get S-T-U-P-I-D

DO NOT POST PEOPLE'S HOME ADDRESSES AND CONTACT DETAILS UNLESS YOU ARE 100% CERTAIN THAT THEY HAVE BEEN INVOLVED IN SOMETHING WRONG !!!

(posts removed)

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Simon,

There was nothing in my post encouraging anyone to harrass anyone.

I simply wondered if anyone knew what relationship, if any, these individuals have with the IBSA of London. That could be meaningful.

Their names are on the public record that IO posted.

Nevertheless, point taken.

Oubliette

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Just for the record;

The new Watchtower, Welsh language 'Local Translation Unit' is only 2 or 3 minutes walk from the Association of Welsh Translators and Interpreters. AWTI has a host of professional resources dedicated "to ensure professional translation standards in Welsh/English translation and interpreting, as well as ensuring that the translation industry develops effectively as part of the process of promoting the Welsh language"

They have a list of recognised translators available for commercial work which surely would have been more cost effective?

Now then Watchtower, you aren't going to stroll up the street to AWTI with your translation requests then sup Mojitos a stone's throw away while waiting for their professionals to get the work done . . . are you?

http://www.welshtranslators.org.uk/

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I think that (being on the same street as the ATWI) is more than a coincidence... things that make you go hmmm.

Nice find.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Bump.

I missed this. Sheesh!

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

But does it have a Beth Sarim style bunker?

• MAMAMIA
    MAMAMIA

I don't think anybody has yet mentioed the possibility that if the BTS of the UK accounts are currently at around £40,000,000, surely that means a £10,000,000 Gift Aid payment from the UK revenue coffers?

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

What's bts?

Oh and hi mamaMia!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit