WTS buys £1,000,000 luxury sea-front property in Wales, UK

by Simon 157 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy
    Just checking to see if anybody knows anything else about this? Is it up and running? Has it been converted into offices? Is there a jacuzzi out back full of upper echelon jdubs wearing gold necklaces while scantily clad females bring them mojitos?
    Any one local willing to pop in and check for us?
  • Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Following the link in the OP you can see it is for sale again, and was listed for sale in 2014 as well.

Don't know who currently owns it though.

• JRK
  • Listener
    Listener
    Is there a link for the current sale and the current sale price?
  • St George of England
    St George of England

I suspect this is being sold by the WT.

According to nethouseprices.com the property was sold as follows:

12 October 2005 £475,000

17 April 2014 £910,000

I suspect the last sale is when the WT bought it, it was advertised at the time for £1M but widely reported that WT paid less than this for it.

I cannot find a current price for it.

George

• Skedaddle
    Skedaddle
    Don't know what the law states about charity status organizations flipping property is... i'm guessing they have to have the property for a certain amount of years before they can sell it to qualify non payment of tax on the profit but when you've got a property portfolio the size of watchtower, you can afford to sit on them for however many years in order to wait. Your investment's only going one way and that's up! Buying prime property wreaks of flipping for profit to me. Every little helps.
  • Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    Following the link in the OP you can see it is for sale again, and was listed for sale in 2014 as well.
    Don't know who currently owns it though.

No, that is archived material, (although i can see how it gives the impression it is for sale again now.)

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    so they just sat on it for a couple of years to flip it and make a quick profit?
  • Listener
    Listener
    No jukebeard, it isn't up for sale.
  • Prefect
    Prefect
    According to the Land Registry they paid £910.000 for it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit