Is my clinging on to a belief in a Creator doing me any harm?

by KateWild 105 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Ols habits (and beliefs) are real hard to break!

just saying

eyeuse2badub

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Sorry OLD Habits

• KateWild
    KateWild

eyuse2badub,

I agree with you, and I don't see the harm either. Kate xx

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

Seems to me Kate that you have your head on the right way round! Trust is a hard thing. I think Jesus got it right when he said to judge a tree by its fruit. Trust to me is a gift one gives or doesn’t with the full knowledge that it might be rejected. So evidence is key because it is the fruit by which we can judge at what point to give the gift of trust or not.

• designs
    designs

Spinoza: God/nature

The unity of all that exists

The regularity of all that happens

The identity of spirit and nature

• Heaven
    Heaven

Kate said: How does my belief in a creator set me up?

Once you 'believe' without evidence, then you can believe anything. Doesn't matter what it is. I see this as a form of intellectual dishonesty. If you are willing to be dishonest with yourself, then it is very easy to be dishonest with others.

FSM - Religion

• designs
    designs

Heaven- just remember there are Fundamentalists who have stood over a cavern and heard sounds from people screaming in Hell, how can you possibly not believe....

• cantleave
    cantleave

Bloody hell that website link is more "culty" than JW.org. What idiot would direct anyone to that?

• Heaven
    Heaven

Heaven- just remember there are Fundamentalists who have stood over a cavern and heard sounds from people screaming in Hell, how can you possibly not believe....

There are 3 possible answers here. There is a natural state occurring where voices are being transported from elsewhere (fog can do this for example), there is a prank being played out, or these people are schizophrenic.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Once you 'believe' without evidence, then you can believe anything.- Heaven

I see your perspective, I feel though that the chemistry behind enantiomers is my evidence. Homochirality in nature is explained by the Soai reaction, but I don't see how the autocatalyst proves there is no God. I am afraid I disagree with your point, I do believe in a creator, however I don't believe everything that I am told. I think it's possible to be prudent and still believe in God.

Nice picture of the FSM. I know they are a recognised religion, but I don't believe the FSM is real, they are trying to prove a point and good for them.

Thanks for explaining, I respect your perspective and understand that it can hold true for many.

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit